Attending a Trackday?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Hi Sparkie, I checked out June on MSV and they've a couple going too (Full Days) but I might look at the 15th too (although not sure I can wait that long :) ) It's an evening only so will sell out in seconds once the Government announce an easing.

Toying with 4th June with MSV.

I’m looking at changing mine now.
My lakes are opening on eve of 15th.
Need to be there.
4 th looks promising.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Reactions: vwtrev

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
Great video and decent driving too for your 1st Track day. Your car pulls well on to the main straight. You'd defo enjoy decent brake pads and discs, shave seconds off your lap times as you was lifting and braking early.

You say about handling, uprated springs are ok (your car looks pretty good round and out the corners from the vid) but if your considering enjoying a few more trackdays, coilovers would be so much better, especially as your cars running decent power too.

What date was it as the weather looked very good?

I'm looking at getting to Brands as soon as this lockdown is lifted myself (as is everyone!).

Trev
Thanks mate. I've picked up a pair of Mtec C hook discs for the front and will sort out the DS2500s before putting them back on so I'll be doing that when I have some time.

With previous cars on coilovers the ride is much harsher and more stiff - is it the same with these cars on coilies?

I did this track day on the 1st March, the one sunny day between all the crap weather and storms. The sun was out but it was still a nice cool day, about 10 or 11c.

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
I've a Mk1 on ST suspension (KW') V2 coilovers so cannot comment on mk2 / 3 Cupras, but I find it quite compliant, yes it can be crashy over potholes and the like and i'd not like to daily it to be honest (it is just a track car) but its not solid like a go-kart except round corners :)

Trev

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
Changed. Booking.
Going for July for a full day at brands.

That's probably a good call, who knows when the tracks will open, some emails say tracks may open sooner rather than later, then another says some tracks are closed for May and June... not sure what they are going to do different in July they can't do now though, the virus isn't going away too soon I think, the government are just managing it (not sure how well but that's a discussion for another forum).

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Should think they’ll open for a couple of weeks and then be shut down as will the whole country. Second wave is imminent if you look at Germany and South Korea sadly.

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
Just gonna play it by ear and book something when there is more info from the actual tracks themselves. Cars been off the road since November, so will tax next month to get ready, just in case...

Fozzy84

Apr 23, 2012
i assume you guys have seen a number of track day companies have confirmed re-oopening dates!!

Fozzy84

Apr 23, 2012
You can still see and chat to each other adhering to the 2 metre rule. It’s 1 to a garage and I normally share with my mate. A lot of June dates are full now, I’m trying to get my credit allocated to an event in July but Trackdays.co.uk aren’t answering the phone, they say to email but aren’t emailing back!

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
We did Brands on Tuesday,
absolute Buzz.
Best track I’ve done so far. Was an evening session.
Technical track to get right.
Can’t wait to do it again.
3 red flags all caused by a LOTUS.
does stand for
Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious.
Poor guy kept being rescued.

My Engine was pretty hot. Oil hit 129!!
Need a cooler now.
Brakes were spot on. ( carbotech )
Really had to stand on them to stop me rear ending an early braker!
Nearly ran out of fuel at the end. Lol

All in all a top day out. Great bunch of guys I was there with.
Leons did us proud.

Social distancing is easy too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Nizza

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Looks wicked I can’t wait to get back on track with my Ibiza I’ve not taken it on track since I fitted my wavtrac and new box. Probably right this year off tho as my Leon has my focus.

Reactions: Sparkie

LCR AL

Jun 5, 2020
That looks like fun. Do bmw drivers only use indicators on track then?!
I was watching the video taken from the cupra r behind you on youtube earlier and I thought that might've been you sparkie!

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
That looks like fun. Do bmw drivers only use indicators on track then?!
I was watching the video taken from the cupra r behind you on youtube earlier and I thought that might've been you sparkie!

Yeah in the silver one.
That’s me!
Crazy difference with Trev’s car in the corners with the diff.
Mine just almost stops and sits there spinning on every corner.
Especially the last.
Literally waiting tapping your fingers waiting for some grip.

LCR AL

Jun 5, 2020
You looked like you were going round pretty quickly. The other cupra r is a bit more hardcore, as much as I'd like the weight loss I couldn't live with a stripped out car.
These cars are an expensive hobby anyway, but doing track days would just keep extending that parts wish list!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.