Terms of Service and Rules
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.
By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
- Think before you post and re-read what you type before you post it. Keep your comments limited to the debate at hand and do not make it a personal issue between you and another reader. There is tremendous diversity in age, race, gender, language, location (worldwide) please respect everybody.
- This is a family-friendly forum so please avoid any profanity
- No spamming or commercial advertising (unless authorised) of any kind. Selling of used individual items is allowed in the for sale and wanted section subject to the rules of that area.
- No posting Youtube video's just to get visits up, buy all means share information but we also expect you to answer questions / interact. Posting links and not being a contributing member of the forum will result in deletion of post and warnings to the user.
- No paid-for / affiliate links to be posted unless they are clearly marked that the poster will receive a payment if you buy via this link. (The only exception to this rule is Charity Links like Amazon Smile).
- Treat other users with respect you don’t have to agree with them but it cost nothing to be polite to each other. Respect the Mods and Admins, it is a thankless job cleaning up after other people and respect the privacy of other members personal information.
- No linking or posting of pornographic or objectionable/inappropriate material.
- You must have a valid e-mail account in your profile so you can be reached by a forum moderator or administrator.
- Please keep Signature Pictures small there are dedicated threads to show your car off in its full beauty.
- With the exception of forum sponsors, no advertising your business website via a post, in your signature or on profile post's they will be deleted.
- This is a car forum, non-car related postings should be posted in the General off-topic area.
- Use the search function before asking a question, there is a good chance it has been answered before and it stops the same question being asked multiple times.
- New Threads please keep subject matter relevant and make the title clear, it helps the forum's search engine to work better
- Try to post to the forum that is most appropriate for the topic being presented.
- Observe all copyright laws when posting copyrighted material.
- If you have any doubt about a thread / posting breaking rules or just find it offensive, please use the report button and a Moderator will look into the matter.
- Any posts, threads or signatures which are in violation of any of the rules may be removed at the discretion of the moderators or administrators.
Moderators and administrators frequently review forum posts for those that are in violation of the rules. Any messages found to be in violation may be deleted without warning or explanation. Furthermore, we will always try to be fair, however, we reserve the right to remove any post at our discretion, and also the right to ban any user, at any time, for any reason.
Note: the For Sale and Wanted section is the only place on the forum you can place classifieds.
Post them elsewhere on the forum (including profile posts/signatures) and they will be removed.
- Everything has a price, or at the worst an “offers around £xxxx”.
- If you have several items available or a breaker to strip keep the list simple and either list a few items/prices to start or add a rough guide price for the whole car and leave comment ##more parts available## and add to the list as required.
- NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTS, – Please don't use SEATCupra.net as a springboard for your latest business opportunity. SCN Sponsors and SEAT dealers are the only exceptions and have their own sections to do this.
- If you want to offer the members your product, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Illegal items such as pirate/copied music and/or software is not permitted.
- No selling of live animals, this is not a pet shop!
- You should include an email address and/or phone number.
- NO EBAY LINKS -This now includes and is not restricted to Pistonheads, Autotrader or any other third party adverts. We're all capable of trawling other sites and there is a specific section for EBAY Links.
Further details and advice about the for sale and wanted section
Modifications to the service and prices
Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Products and Services
Certain products or services may be available exclusively online through the website. These products or services may have limited quantities and are subject to return or exchange only according to our Return Policy.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours and images of our products that appear at the store. We cannot guarantee that your screen's display of any colour will be accurate.
We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at any time without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
Accuracy of Billing and Account Information
We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information as required to enable the transaction to take place using our payment providers.
For more detail, please review our Returns Policy.
We accept no liability for the use of our products or services that result in any damage to your vehicle. This includes your following of any advice from members of the forum. You undertake any modifications or alterations to your vehicle at your own risk.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.