rear wiper

platinumFR

Feb 2, 2006
manchester
hi guys noticed alot of u have changed the rear wiper! how come, is it cos it looks w**k. what has it been changed for ive seen a fabiaon one is there a few different types?:confused:

CupraJay

20v T - Its where its at!
Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
I originaly changed mine for just an aftermarket one i got from fast parts. Most people change them becoz the leon rear wiper is rubbish..it smears and looks crap.

If your gonna change it. Its best to get a fabia estate wiper blade and wiper arm and a fabia hatchback wiper cover (as it has the fitting for rear wiper jet)

Looks much better, and works properly. Its little mods like this that make the biggest differences.

andycupra

status subject to change
alternative is the aero wiper. kind of like the fabia one half way along then the remainder is alot thinner. as for options there are a few cominations, take a look at all the VAG cars about and what they have.
But be warned they wont all fit as the length of the arms vary car to car and on some the spray is intregated and on some not.

confused? you should be.. ;)

TheOtherSimon

Jul 12, 2004
If you want an Aero wiper, get the Touran one - it's a inch shorter than the Leon one, but the washer works correctly.

Don't buy the Polo one (as advertised on ebay) as it's three inches shorter than stock.

Simon.

CupraJay

20v T - Its where its at!
Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
Il be going for the fabia one. Orderd the parts this morning from westec along with some other goodies. Il let you know how it turns out of u like mate?

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
All in, the parts u need from any Skoda Dealership should set you back no more than £19 tops, cuase beleive me, i still have nightmares about these bloody wipers

Tom_TDi

does anyone have the part number of the items need from Skoda, would be handy as some parts guys can be a bit shitty if they dont have a reg or chassis number to search with [:@]

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
thats the way you do it! Soon my website will rule the world mwahhahahahaha...

lol. only messing. I'm told its quite useful :funk:

TheOtherSimon

Jul 12, 2004
The details are also in the Leon FAQ elsewhere on the forum.

The 6Q Polo had the rear aero wiper, and it's too short for the Leon. You want the 1T Touran one - which looks the same but is nearly as long as the original Leon one.

Simon.