I'm going to kill some one... Preferably a Pollish person...

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
For those who don't remember me having a coming together with a Pollish driver about 5 weeks ago.. See thread.. http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88589
Well, i've just found out today from the bodyshop that my car, that was nearly ready, now also needs a full new dash..But the TW@TS at Seat haven't got a single one on stock anywhere, so having to have one made from Spain.. But this is the best bit.. IT COULD TAKE UPTO... Wait for it.... 2 :censored: ING MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't begin to explain to you guys how FU(KED off I am... .. That'll be nearly 3 1/2 months i'll be without my car (Or all summer basically) and there's absolutely JACK $HIT I can do about it! Cheers Mr Immigrant.. Love you lots.... ******!
I'm getting on the blower to the his insurance company first thing in morning and going to demand a decent car with some uumpff!! (VXR, Golf GTI, CTR etc etc) They've given me a Volvo to smoke around in for the last 5 weeks, which is nice, but sooooooooooooooooooooo slow and boring.. I was quite happy to leave it at that for a few weeks, didn't bother me.. But for another 2 months during the summer... Er.. No thanks!!! Why should I? I was driving along minding my own business and now, thanks to Mr Immigrant, i've **** out for the summer... God i'm missing my car...
Anyway, rant over.. Sorry to go on.. But i'm livid!!![:@]

gazjones

two months thats stupid the amount of leons that have been made!!! tell them to shove one off a written off car from rear end in for the two months then take it back when new one arrives lol. this is just stupid though waiting that long

Triple D

Gutted to here that mate, but 2 months :wtf:, thats a fcuking joke. Yes demandsomething a bit faster, maybe a diesel, that will give you abit more umph if thats what your after :)

bushybeaver

V Power Love Machine
May 14, 2005
Mid Devon
I guess his insurance company is sorting out the courtesy car?
Rental car company or bodyshops own?
I work at a big rental firm for the uk we have a non fault scheme which puts you in a like for like car billed to the at fault insurance company for the whole time your car is in the bodyshop.

bushybeaver

V Power Love Machine
May 14, 2005
Mid Devon
paradigm said:
Get onto www.helphire.com mate, they will sort you out with something like-for-like, and charge it to the other parties insurance :)

just remember if anything goes wrong like the out fault insurance company dispute the amount of time your in the courtesy car for, Helphire will charge YOU with a hugh Bill, seen it happen many times.

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
Cheers for the advice chaps.. They have given me a like for like car in regards for size.. But i feel i have worked hard in my job to be able to be running around in the car of my choice and taste and don't see why I should have to put up with a car that, although nice and comfy (for an old man.. lol) isn't something I want to do 3,000 miles a month in over the entire summer.. Especailly as I want to be going to shows and alsorts.. not going to look the dogs rolling up in a Volvo estate am I... Ha ha..

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
bushybeaver said:
just remember if anything goes wrong like the out fault insurance company dispute the amount of time your in the courtesy car for, Helphire will charge YOU with a hugh Bill, seen it happen many times.
Mate i've been harrassing the bodyshop plenty to get my car back asap.. So I won't be prelonging the hire car period for a min longer than I have too...

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
paul h said:
can't they get you an S3 one from audi ??? same thing are they not

As Paul says is this not an option?

2 months seems like an awfully long time to wait! If they'd only decided this when the car went in you'd be 5 weeks into the 8 week wait already! :censored:

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
Ben CTR said:
Mate i've been harrassing the bodyshop plenty to get my car back asap.. So I won't be prelonging the hire car period for a min longer than I have too...
not the best idea. if they rush it, you wont be happy and it will take longer. trust me, been there. youll regret it.

I know how you feel tho, i was without my rx8 for 2months due to parts waiting :(

good luck

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I don't know for sure, but it sounds to me like someone is telling porkies.

Do what I did, and ask a dealer how long it would take them to get one, I would suggest that the body shop is stalling for some reason - they'll get paid no matter how long it'll take to fix...

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
Feel said:

Do what I did, and ask a dealer how long it would take them to get one, I would suggest that the body shop is stalling for some reason - they'll get paid no matter how long it'll take to fix...

I agree. It does sound a little fishy! What's the bets that other costs are incured in the mean time?

I really feel for you bud. I know you were hoping for a write off...

RALF

Dec 10, 2003
london
Visit site
Sorry to here that, i work in a bodyshop and its as frustrating for them as it is you, your car is probably all finished apart from the dash. Ask them if they have asked the dealers/parts people to VOR it (vehicle of the road) it usually helps. Personally i find two months a bit ott for a dash, the mk1 leon hasnt been out of production that long, vag are usually good for part's.

Oh you can take out your anger on the polish sprayer at work, i know sometimes i feel like strangling him.:lol:

Last edited:

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
Feel said:

Already done that mate... It's the Seat dealership who told me that it could take 2 months.. In fact two of them have... Both checked and told me the part is out of stock and on back order..

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Ben CTR said:
Already done that mate... It's the Seat dealership who told me that it could take 2 months.. In fact two of them have... Both checked and told me the part is out of stock and on back order..

If it's the top part of the dash then I'm sure Pete 'Icecavern' had one for sale :think: although he slightly modified the air centre vents but it was going pretty cheap IIRC :shrug:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise