My car was stolen this morning...

Chewbacca

Jun 28, 2005
Birmingham
thanks guys & girls, the insurance wont pay out contents due to the keys being in (i never held much hope for that) try the home insurance now

Cupra_Mark

Jun 15, 2006
South Wales
Glad you got your car back! I also do silly things sometimes too! After reading this, I decided to re-establish my Tracker subscription £150.

Chewbacca

Jun 28, 2005
Birmingham
Cupra_Mark said:
Glad you got your car back! I also do silly things sometimes too! After reading this, I decided to re-establish my Tracker subscription £150.

i was going to cancel it after a couple of peeps from here had theres stolen & it made no diffrence but im so glad i never now

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Sorry to hear this!

About nine years ago, I parked beside a motorway services cash dispenser and went to get cash. I was standing beside the passenger door of my car.

While I was getting cash I was aware of movement behind me and I turned round to see some **** getting in my car. I wheeled round and opened passenger door to get in as the **** started up and drove off. I hung on but was thrown off as he weaved through the pumps. I caught my head on the concrete base of a pump. I was taken to hospital and let out later with a neck brace.

Subsequent to that, police spotted the car and gave chase. **** jumped out and did a runner. No keys found with car - he'd slung them. I had a hell of a job getting RAC recovery to retrive the car from the police pound - I was unable to drive through injury.

Service area replaced all their CCTV - police were not happy about the poor image quality - they were unable to make out the guy's face in good daylight.

I had a hell of a job getting the insurance company to pay up for central locking replacement. I only managed to get them to pay as a goodwill gesture because I insisted that as I managed to get (nearly) into my car, I was still in technically in control of it................

I had a good leather jacket knicked from the car, but not my mobile. The police never managed to charge anyone but used the event to 'entertain' a number of lowlife. :clap:

I had a really nice phonecall from the manager of the service area a few days later enquiring after my health.

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
We ALL do silly things at times, dont we?

I really feel bad for you! I know how it feels to be skint so you must feel :censored: losing all that money and even worse with the fact that you didnt take the wallet with you

No point any of us making you feel worse for something you already know

Have you called about House Insurance?

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
Sounds like the Police did respond fast, in numbers, and found it before any more harm came to the car. It doesn't always work like that as some on here know. So I maintain that they did a good job. I know plenty of them and they're not all evil ;)

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
Timthebrief said:
Sounds like the Police did respond fast, in numbers, and found it before any more harm came to the car. It doesn't always work like that as some on here know. So I maintain that they did a good job. I know plenty of them and they're not all evil ;)
I have NEVER had any bad run-ins with the police.

They have always done what thye can and done it well.

Just thought the Tracker made the difference that's all.

Why are trackers not working then? thread examples?

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
slimjim said:
Police did a good job? How? Didnt the tracker folks just tell them where to fetch it?

We all do these daft things Chewy.... You have learnt from it ... so it's kool.

Hope you get it back soon :thumbup:

The Tracker doesn't have GPS, it just sends out a radio beacon that police cars with the right equipment can get a general direction from. At least I think that's how it works. Other versions of Tracker do have GPS, but not the standard LCR one.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
I ain't sorry for ya!!!:confused:

Forgive me if i am wrong, you invited the thief to nick it, leaving the keys in it and even worse leaving your wallett in it, asking for trouble.

Sounds like this should be a lesson to ya, but i do hope the Police gave you a strern talking to for wasting their time to an extent, as you basicaly were the cause of the theft, bar the little scumbag who nicked it

i hope that don't sound to harsh, but no one else to blame:headhurt:

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
Hairy said:
The Tracker doesn't have GPS, it just sends out a radio beacon that police cars with the right equipment can get a general direction from. At least I think that's how it works. Other versions of Tracker do have GPS, but not the standard LCR one.
"Standard" .... oh, so they come wit hthe LCR but you have to keep your subscription up?

:think: interesting...

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
slimjim said:
"Standard" .... oh, so they come wit hthe LCR but you have to keep your subscription up?

:think: interesting...

They were standard for a while and came with the first years subscription, you could also pay an optional one off fee that made the subscription last for as long as you own the car. I think they stopped fitting them on either 54 or 05 reg cars.

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
Hairy said:
They were standard for a while and came with the first years subscription, you could also pay an optional one off fee that made the subscription last for as long as you own the car. I think they stopped fitting them on either 54 or 05 reg cars.
I just bought the knock off stickers.... ;)

But to be fair, who would pinch a 110 TDi? :cartman:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise