Lower Intercooler Hoses

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I'm finding a new way of detecting improvements, two tank fulls of Tesco 99 RON and the lower left one popped off mine yesterday. So must be a definite improvement then :D

Got it back on at the side of the road from the top, which is a pain in the ass when the engine is hot (well, pain in the forearms actually), but I want to check it's all on properly.

So, to get the the hose from below - bumper off or just the under tray?

P.S. Buy one of those flexible hose clamp drivers and carry it with you, it'll be your best friend...

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
Feel said:
P.S. Buy one of those flexible hose clamp drivers and carry it with you, it'll be your best friend...

I've learn't to keep that with me in the car after the IC hose blew off the charge pipe and I had to refit at the side of the road with nothing but half a broken key...

p.s. Where abouts did you find the Tesco 99 Ron stuff?

Cupra Rrr

Cupra Rrr
Jun 14, 2006
Sheffield & Chesterfield
BP are piloting the highest ever UK forecourt fuel at a cool 102RON!! Refined fuel unlike like that Tesco 99RON with added bread crumbs and rice...

The horses will be supping this like we likes our beer!!

http://www.bp.com/sectiongenericarticle.do?categoryId=9009087&contentId=7016865

Check it out – coming soon to a forecourt near you.... hopefully – but who know what they’re gonna charge for this as their 98 is dear enough!!

I did try Tesco's 99 once and I didn’t think it was as good as the BP 97 RON. I usually use Shell Optimax 98 which seems to be the most refined.

While Tesco claim that theirs is 99 / 100 RON, I still don’t think it’s as refined as supermarkets are notorious for not cleaning their tanks out as frequently too and buying in cheaper less refined fuel in the first instance!

Gaz-04

May 29, 2004
East Midlands
Pipe from one IC to the other can be got at underneath after taking off undertray. turbo side of drivers side IC maybe able to be got at by partially removing wheel arch liner or taking washer bottle out.

Gaz-04

May 29, 2004
East Midlands
Phil,

have had back bumper done, other things have come up which took away funds for front. Flew through its mot yesterday, last service before warranty ran out had the 'R' badges/gearknob and backbox done for free. Backbox had a bracket broken, thought this would come under wear & tear but was suprised when they said they done it through warranty.

Gaz-04

May 29, 2004
East Midlands
Had a good look yesterday at the IC hoses on drivers side. Top hose both clips can be got at from engine bay with out removing anything. Bottom hose looks/feels like it should be able to be got at underneath after removing undertray. All this is assuming the spanish spanner monkey who put it together has left the adjuster on the clip accessible.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.