Ibiza FR TDi or Fiesta ST?

blueisthecolour

Ant FR said:
to be honest compare the fr petrol against the st then you will have a better idea.

In standard 150 form the petrol FR is quicker than the ST, the handler is a little better on the st admittedly

But if you can spend £500 on the FR then you can have 215bhp, low 6 sec 0-60, thats scooby territory.

the tdi is good but personally i think against the ST the Petrol would be a better comparison. Plus the FR petrol provides better fuel economy than the ST.

Test drive a petrol FR , TDi FR and ST back to back. Plus the ST's are common as shite now, especialy in essex

I was wondering where you got the info that the FR petrol was quicker 0-60 than the ST??. according to Seat the time is 8.4 secs compared to 7.9 on the ST!! admittedly the FR has a 6 mph advantage at the top end of 134 where the ST is 129.

I'm an ST owner at present & am looking for a "sporty" Diesel. At present the FR seems to fit the bill, but i wouldn't consider a petrol FR against the ST!!.

Just my opinion so please don't don't slate me! after all i'm a possible FR Diesel owner & just after info on it:D

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
the petrol FR can be remapped to 210bhp the st you can change exhuast and remap and achieve 170bhp cos its the same lump as in the focus st170

then the fr would be faster than st

also the st doesn't look as near as good as the FR and is quite small.

bettter handling standard on the st is it's one and only strong point,over the ibiza petrol fr, also the new FR is cheaper than the ST new i believe

13,500 for st

11.995 for FR

sted

random wierdo
redcupratdi said:
the petrol FR can be remapped to 210bhp the st you can change exhuast and remap and achieve 170bhp cos its the same lump as in the focus st170

bettter handling standard on the st is it's one and only strong point,over the ibiza petrol fr, also the new FR is cheaper than the ST new i believe

13,500 for st

11.995 for FR

if you pay anythink like that for a fiesta st youre being ripped iirc the people i know with them payed approx 11k with leather

the st will fairly easily (zaust, chip, manifold, filter) go to 200bhp as the whole exhause system ford fit is very restrictive

As to seats on fiesta forums on the fiesta forums im on a lot of people dislike the new mk6 / 6.5 fiesta and would rather have a vag based car

Handling the st does handle better than the ibiza ive driven tdi sports and fr's but imo the older mk5 fiesta handles much better than that as its a lower car with a much lower centre of gravity and less techno gubbins between you and the road

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
sted said:
if you pay anythink like that for a fiesta st youre being ripped iirc the people i know with them payed approx 11k with leather

the st will fairly easily (zaust, chip, manifold, filter) go to 200bhp as the whole exhause system ford fit is very restrictive

As to seats on fiesta forums on the fiesta forums im on a lot of people dislike the new mk6 / 6.5 fiesta and would rather have a vag based car

Handling the st does handle better than the ibiza ive driven tdi sports and fr's but imo the older mk5 fiesta handles much better than that as its a lower car with a much lower centre of gravity and less techno gubbins between you and the road

200bhp you sure :confused:

sted

random wierdo
redcupratdi said:
200bhp you sure :confused:

well ok 197 for one 1nd 199 for another rolling roaded
the std st engine is not at all stressed and as mentioned has seriouslt restricted exhaust flow (presumably to keep insurance companes happy)

ChippedUK13-05-06.jpg

Last edited:

Mattyh87

Sideways as always!
May 7, 2006
Manchester
I would go for the FR myself, but i havent driven either as yet.

Ive seen a review saying the steering on the Fiesta is much better along with the suspension, but the FR has better brakes. If your doing any track driving, go for the ST as its petrol, if not, the FR will be a better day to day car and better to overtake in! Better looking in my opinion too.

blueisthecolour

redcupratdi said:

13,500 for st

11.995 for FR

ST's now available for £10999, & it's not the same lump as the ST 170, it's actually from a Mondeo.

200 Brake is achievable but at a cost.

I'm only going on Manufacturers figures here but in standard form the FR is slower!!!.

Neverhteless i still fancy an FR Diesel, how much do you reckon it'd cost for a remap???, & how much discount could i get? the Dealer said £12300.

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
blueisthecolour said:
ST's now available for £10999, & it's not the same lump as the ST 170, it's actually from a Mondeo.

200 Brake is achievable but at a cost.

I'm only going on Manufacturers figures here but in standard form the FR is slower!!!.

Neverhteless i still fancy an FR Diesel, how much do you reckon it'd cost for a remap???, & how much discount could i get? the Dealer said £12300.

Do a search for the Remaps mate. They range from £300 to £550 for a phase 1. Add another £100 or so for a phase 2. You generally get what you pay for...

Ive been in plenty of Custom Coded and Revo'd cars and the CC wins hands down in my opinion - it has a much smoother power delivery all the way to the redline, whereas the revo seems to give an aggressive kick and will whittle off running out of puff.

Revo needs an SPS 1/2/3 usin to switch it on/off. These units can also alter settings and fuel types for the map but costs £120+ for the basic model.

CC can be switched on/off using VAG COM so at least your money is going to something more than an on/off button! For 1.8T's you can also download the "Custom Settings" program off their website to change all different little aspects of the map through windows. Download it now to have a look (altho i have a diesel and that isnt possible)

Ive got a crappy remap that was on the car when i bought it, even so im going to dish out for custom code...

Triple D

or you can just buy mine off me ;) you'll beable to beet the new focus st's then :lol:

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
spaniels fr said:
or you can just buy mine off me ;) you'll beable to beet the new focus st's then :lol:

knew the 300bhp in a tdi would be difficult/expensive.

300bhp in RS should be easy enough :)

nice choice.

Triple D

redcupratdi said:
knew the 300bhp in a tdi would be difficult/expensive.

300bhp in RS should be easy enough :)

nice choice.
Yeah cheers mate. I just think that the RS has a better starting point, and you dont need to start changing everything, as most of it is standard anyways :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.