no cooling fan, A/C or turbo cooler fan???!!

chris999

Just wondering if any body has had similar probs. If i am stuck in traffic the car risess in temp as the fan doesn't come on. also my A/c doesn't work and when i turn the ignition off the turbo fan doesn't come on. any diagnoses or advice?? by the way i checked the fuses near the serial port.
cheers, chris

Trimmer

May 31, 2005
London
Happened to me the other day it will be definately be the fuses onto of the batt... Im p***** the RAC man couldn't spot it.. thank god for this forum :p

jat115

Yeap and me too!
Exactly the same symptoms, hot few days- not air con, check fuse box and :doh:

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
yes, it could be just a blown fuse, broken circuit, some corrosion or part of the casing melted

check it out, give it a clean if needed, check all fuses and check that all the nuts are done tight it should be easy to spot if there is a problem there

Dormouse

Available In Race Blue
Charcoal

It's actually an issue with drawing too much current through the fuse and it being in a non ventilated area (hence fuse doesn't pop, but it's casing melts).

Mine did this again today. I removed a lump of charcoal resembling a fuse. Pictures on ther way to SEAT.

Cheers

Dor.

Bizacup20vt

just had mine done last week, had blown the fuse and melted the fuse box, gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeaaaaaattttttttt!!!!!!!

sssstew

Editing your spelling
Dormouse said:
It's actually an issue with drawing too much current through the fuse and it being in a non ventilated area (hence fuse doesn't pop, but it's casing melts).

Mine did this again today. I removed a lump of charcoal resembling a fuse. Pictures on ther way to SEAT.

Cheers

Dor.

yeah mine was cripsy at the weekend when i swapped the fuse box too dor!