Police chase!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andih98uk

Oh come on people were on a website dedicated to tuning & fast cars, do you all drive like grannies? If all you can do is launch a personal attack on a poor bloke who maybe made a slight mistake in posting what he did then it's a very sad affair.

Grow up.

Triple D

Well this was an interesting read :lol:. I also think that yes, it may not be wise to boast about it on a public forum, i remember myself doing it once on here, and have since decided not to again. If you are willing to speed, then you need to be willing to accept the consiquences if you get caught. I also think that you are very lucky that you got a head start on the cop car, but did anyone else notice that he never said what police car it was? For all we know it could have been a 1.25 panda car :lol: so yeah its to be expected that he would have pulled away from it.

Anyways, thats my two peneth :lol: ill enjoy reading the rest of the thread from now on lol.

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
bragging about that is very immature personally people like you should be banned from sites like this as well as driving, we actually look after our cars and actually take an interest in them and dont use them like you describe, yeah we all have a little play but we dont go out looking for races especially when it involves running from the law.

Pathetic

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
andih98uk said:
Oh come on people were on a website dedicated to tuning & fast cars
I thought it was more a site for the Seat brand hence the tag line of "your #1 source for SEAT information" ;)

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
made a mistake the mistake he made was racing a bike whilst running from the police he only went and made another mistake by bragging about it on here, at the end of the day we have all seen bad accidents and i am sure we have all known someone who was injured or killed in a car crash, so when idiots like that brag about it it reminds me why my insurance costs are so high

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
still hope he gets a visit from the Law before he kills either himself or someone else..
Yes, we ALL like to exercise the loud pedal occasionally, but theres a time and a place.. and I deffo dont go for the idea of 'bragging' on an open forum about it...

Just MY tuppence worth........:(

Dave_LCR

"POWER OF POLICE TO STOP VEHICLE
In Part 1 of Schedule 2 to the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988 (c. 53) (prosecution and punishment of offences: offences under the Traffic Acts), in the entry relating to section 163 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 (c. 52) (failing to stop mechanically propelled vehicle or cycle when required to do so), in column (4) (punishment), for "Level 3 on the standard scale." substitute—
"(a) Level 5 on the standard scale if committed by a person driving a mechanically propelled vehicle.
(b) Level 3 on the standard scale if committed by a person riding a cycle."
and, in column (2) (general nature of offence), for "motor" substitute "mechanically propelled"."

The noble Lord said: My Lords, in moving Amendment No. 26 I shall speak to Amendment No. 27 at the same time. Both amendments increase the penalties available for existing offences. Amendment No. 26 raises the penalty for failing to stop for a constable under Section 163 of the Road Traffic Act from a fine of £1,000 to one of £5,000. This was not contained in the consultation on bad driving offences, but was mentioned by a small number of respondents who thought the penalty for failing to stop for a police officer should be increased to recognise the serious risks to other road users of trying to evade the police or escape detection of more serious offences, such as driving under the influence of drink or drugs. The Government have considered this, and agree that amending the penalty would more accurately reflect the offending behaviour.

If somebody fails to stop for Police and they eventually pull over/crash or the car tyres are stung by police, its likely they will find themselves being dragged out of the car and arrested on suspicion of theft of that motorvehicle.

If they clocked your reg you may get a summons in the post or a visit to the registered keepers/insurers address, if they can be bothered to follow it up.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Dave_LCR said:
If they clocked your reg you may get a summons in the post or a visit to the registered keepers/insurers address, if they can be bothered to follow it up.
In this case, lets hope they do before he kills himself or some other innocent person.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
cordobabrendy said:
yea its about 4 quid a jar but its the closest thing to filter i can find that actually also tastes nice. try nescafe then try this, nescafe seems "tescos own brand" in comparison.

i dont usually have time for breakfast - any reccomendations for a newb

break me in gently mind ;)

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Fl@pper said:
i dont usually have time for breakfast - any reccomendations for a newb

break me in gently mind ;)
It all depends on whether you want to granny your breakfast or 'ave it with reckless abandonment... ;)

ninjabadger

Feb 19, 2004
northants
Visit site
i any one on here thinks they can stop with a bike if the rider is trying they are dreaming i have both 250 hp leon and 600 bike the bike does 10.89 1/4 mile and 170 trust me you have no chance as for a r1 or zx10 well bye bye .

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
ninjabadger said:
i any one on here thinks they can stop with a bike if the rider is trying they are dreaming i have both 250 hp leon and 600 bike the bike does 10.89 1/4 mile and 170 trust me you have no chance as for a r1 or zx10 well bye bye .
does depend what you take to tesco's though [B)]

ice maiden

CupraUK said:
I think you all need to take a chill pill. No kids got killed. Like you never ever have a "spirited" drive. So the cops spot you and you would of course pull over and hold your hands out. Yeah right.

I admit posting it on a forum is a little bit mental but there probably aren't many people here that are whiter that white when it comes to staying within the traffic laws in this country.

Not picking on you Ice, but as an example I'm sure lots of us have the odd post here somewhere that puts us in the frame, http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=92191

Feel free to pass on my IP address, I'll just say it was my Gran driving at the time, she's senile and will admit the whole thing.

At what point on that thread was it said that we were breaking any laws? It doesnt....this person has openly admitted to being an idiot....thats why i made the comment I did

cupra R con

Normal member
Mar 23, 2004
hell
that change of topic that happened at 11.15am today, in the Leon section(again), by cordobabrendy
seemed to be exceeding the speed limit to me, & on a public forum, I know the time, place, & if i can just work out how fast you were going at the time then I am going to report you to a mod!
:cop:

lcjay

Jul 8, 2006
London
i think everyone has been over 70 on the motorway so aint that breaking the law.he didnt even say what speed he was doing or what the limit was in the original thread

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
cupra R con said:
that change of topic that happened at 11.15am today, in the Leon section(again), by cordobabrendy
seemed to be exceeding the speed limit to me, & on a public forum, I know the time, place, & if i can just work out how fast you were going at the time then I am going to report you to a mod!
you aint got nuffink on me copper.:cartman:

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
lcjay said:
i think everyone has been over 70 on the motorway so aint that breaking the law.he didnt even say what speed he was doing or what the limit was in the original thread
True but the words Racing and cops/blue lights chase kinda sets the tone.....

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
cupra R con said:
Er... he is a mod ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.