New LCR owner, from a Revo'd Ibiza

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
Howdy, just picked up my platinum grey 225, absolutely love it. Come from a revo'd Ibiza. Thought I'd introduce myself and also ask if there's anything I need to be aware of when fitting a RamAir induction kit to the leon (came off the ibiza but has a reducer ring to fit the smaller maf)?

pic

I'll give my opinions on the LCR vs the Ibiza when I have some time.

Thanks

Dom

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
speedsix said:
Howdy, just picked up my platinum grey 225, absolutely love it. Come from a revo'd Ibiza. Thought I'd introduce myself and also ask if there's anything I need to be aware of when fitting a RamAir induction kit to the leon (came off the ibiza but has a reducer ring to fit the smaller maf)?

pic

I'll give my opinions on the LCR vs the Ibiza when I have some time.

Thanks

Dom

Reducer??

LCR has 80mm Int diameter MAF, Ibiza has 70mm Int diameter MAF

I wouldn't recommend less air getting in, you need a RAM AIr kit for the S3/TT/LCR with 80mm connection

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
Spanky said:
I read it that the Induction kit he took off the Ibiza was an 80mm one with a reducer to fit the Ibiza.

Good choice fella, my only question, what took you so long.....?????
Yeah that's right.

I don't know what took me so long, the LCR is fantastic, I really rate the suspension. Never been in anything that can keep such pace on any surface and in such comfort. Handling is superb, very little roll, fantastic body control and masses of grip.

Without a doubt the R would outhandle my Ibiza on coilovers. Needs to be revo'd though, power delivery is far too smooth, throttle response needs sharpening up also.

Dom

LCR mat

LCR Eater
Apr 4, 2004
merthyr Tydfil
just go for an open cone filter with an air feed routed from where the fogs are- this is much easier if you fit a FMIC but you can do it even if you havent

* also use a heat sheild like the one jabba do.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.