Windows

Han

Hi guys and gals, just a quickie. :help:
Was driving down the motorway on Friday night :drive1: and went to put my electric window up, but when it got to the top, it came back down again (as though something was stuck at the top) tried it again, and it worked fine. Its done it about 5 or 6 times since, but today I have noticed that my passenger side has started doing it too. :no:
I have had a look, and there is nothing obstructing the window, so does anyone have any idea what it could be?
Had a quick look and not seen that anyone has had any similar problems - does this mean another trip back to the dealers? :banghead2

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
Could possibly be window regulators as i think this is a really common problem on the leons and mk 4 ibizas mate, do a search under window regulators, sure this will help point you in the right direction, an yes, id say you will be going to see you local stealer...hopefully its under warrenty...:)

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
Yeh my windows did the same then one day I couldnt close the window at all. Stealer changed the window regulator on the drivers side and all was fixed.

Han

Thanks guys :) looks like its another call to the stealers then, these bloomin Ibiza's, look so nice, but have to many hidden niggles lol

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
I can assure you its not just the Ibiza's mate, my LCR has had...coil packs, water in the passenger footwell, snapped window cable, dodgey temp sensor....(touch wood) no MAF as yet..so its not just you mate..lol....

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Is your car Lowered and/or are you doing it on a bumpy road Han? Mine sometimes does this on bumpy roads, as the anti trapping mecahnism is actuating as it thinks someone is trying to hit the windows down.

Just an idea, good luck with it.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
EdButler said:
Is your car Lowered and/or are you doing it on a bumpy road Han? Mine sometimes does this on bumpy roads, as the anti trapping mecahnism is actuating as it thinks someone is trying to hit the windows down.

Just an idea, good luck with it.

I was going to say exactly the same, hard suspension over bumps can activate the anti trapping reverse system....:rolleyes:

mr_ice_uk

got the same issue at the moment with mine. Took it to the dealers, who apparently reset the window, but after a few tests it just went back to not working. Told me they would order in a new motor :/ and that i would have to bring it back.

Han

No mine's not lowered, not got round to that bit yet hehe.
And yes, I do go over speed bumps and kerbs etc every day, never thought that that may be the cause, guess I'll just have to take them a bit easier next time :think: ;)

Han

Just been talking to the b/f and he said that he thinks its a problem with the window seals, as the windows are going all the way up to the top before they come back down again?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Triple D

Ive noticed mine doing it occasionally when you get to speeds of about 80-100 but just thought it was the pressure from the air speed ? :confused:

Han

Lol, im on about tootling to work at about 35 hehe, just any stone or anything in the road and it makes the noise. But only occasionally, it'll do it for about 15 mins, then stop for a week, then come back - its dead strange

sted

random wierdo
Han said:
Lol, im on about tootling to work at about 35 hehe, just any stone or anything in the road and it makes the noise. But only occasionally, it'll do it for about 15 mins, then stop for a week, then come back - its dead strange

is your headrest on the front seat at full extension if so knock it down a notch worked for me

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.