Engine Code TFSi

SpareMan

Feb 8, 2006
DanGB said:
erm..a sticker in my engine says BWA, and mines definatly not a diesel!

curious, I looked straight into the engine code section on ETKA and it has TDI PD next to BWA engine on an Altea. But now I have been back and looked in the main section and clearly it is not, it is 2.0 TFSi. Next time I look more comprehensively

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Okay, so what about similarities between the BWJ, 240HP and the BHZ, 260HP?

Is it the same turbo BWJ to BHZ? Is the turbo on the BWJ different to the BWA?

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Yeah, it's looking that way for me too - although without the S3 bit!!!

Got a while to go before I swap though.

Might as well drive a vRS Estate and have a K03 with a boot...

If there's another engine I still wonder if a Leon will get it.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Hans was the bad guy in Die Hard :p If the K04 is on the S3, then instant hopup :D

Most K04's get around 260hp on Leon R's, so is it a new K04 or one thats maxxed out!! Or something different with the inlet. ??

Or the extra 150-200cc's

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
m0rk said:
who's hans?

iceman off the TT forum, seems to know a lot about the new cars coming out but is forever posting spypics/photoshops that are bogus as well as some real gems. Methinks he either likes to play games or he tries to keep someone (his bosses perhaps) of his scent. Have a look for a thread about "corridor talks" on the mk2 forum on tt-forums.co.uk

...and the main bad guy off Die Hard, but I'm not 100% that it's the same guy :rifle:

APR already do what looks like a new K04 upgrade for new k03 cars, looks like OEM bits (manifold and turbine in one). Got a pic somewhere.

From what's known, the new k03 is sort of based on the old k03, but is a new turbo, same as the new k04 (based on old k04, but new). Don't know what's different internally though. There are obvious differences externally (like DV port on the turbo), but the compressor looks tiny. It might be that the turbine is bigger though...

New K04 cars (S3 and a TT) quoted as 260 odd bhp stock.

If the 240bhp motor is a new k03, then logically it will max out at the same as a 200bhp, so if any of my vague speculation is accurate, the new FR and Cupra will both chip to about the same level. Same as GTi and vRS.

Does anyone know anyone at B-W?

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Actually, that extra pipe on the Cupra engine shot is sort of DV sized? I wonder if it suggests a different layout...

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
FR Engine
200bhp%20tfsi%20engine.jpg

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I didn't mean to start anything, but does that make the new turbos Yippee-ki-yay-oh-3 and Yippee-ki-yay-oh-4?

Starting to wonder if the APR longitudinal kit is a sort of new style k04-01 or some hybrid thingy.

APR have said that it's a B-W turbo, but that it's very hard for just anyone to get hold of, practically development kit, it's only through their links with Oetinger that they've got them.

Last edited:

Gaz-04

May 29, 2004
East Midlands
Combined manifold and tubine housing casting is also present on Astra VXR turbo. Have been trying to find out manufacturer for this turbo but to no avail at present.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
same turbo (style) on teh ST/VXR/TFSi that I know of, they all remap to about the same.

on the plus side, there's so much room round the back of the block for a massive turbo it's all good

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
VXR will be Garrett won't it?

Just trying to speculate as to what the new Cupra will remap to - if it's the same tubby as the GTi/FR/vRS logic says it'll only remap to the same.

Gaz-04

May 29, 2004
East Midlands
VXR will be Garrett won't it?

More seaching seems to confirm that as well as GT28 big turbo kit as upgrade on offer from regal.

[Just trying to speculate as to what the new Cupra will remap to - if it's the same tubby as the GTi/FR/vRS logic says it'll only remap to the same.

Assuming everything else is identical eg intake manifold,dp size etc i think thats a fairly safe assumption.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.