Poll-fan fuse on battery melted/replaced or not?

My fan fuse on battery has melted/been replaced

• yes

Votes: 108 70.6%
  • no

Votes: 45 29.4%

• Total voters

cupracraig

i checked mine this evening when i was changing my old perished hoses for silicone ones and the fuse was warped and the plastic was starting to melt so i replaced it with one i had in the garage

montyb

Shock_Xe said:
mine happend the other day, temp warning came on popped bonnet and fans wernt going, immediatly thought of this, pulled fuse out and swapped it and they came on, looks like plastic started to melt on fuse anf fuse started corroding. Gonna get new fuses tomorrow

Ditto for me! This is the second time now for me and it now seems that the bearings in one of the radiatior fans has gone :( makes one hell of a racket and vibrates the front end quite badly (especially when the air con is on)

I am guessing its not going to be cheap to replace either!?!?!?!

:cry:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Dormouse said:
Happened to me again,

Incedentally when I rang SEAT about this they noted they had not heard of this before. Either they are being economical with the truth or their fault recording database etc is just plain not good.

Now on the plus side they did say take it to a dealer and some kind of goodwill gesture would be forth coming and SEAT would inspect it and write a 'fire' report. Hopefully this will claw its way back to seat technical.

callfiremansam.jpg

Rgs

Dor.

Yeah, I'm going to rewire it with resetable fuses I think.....

Just need to locate that somewhere

cupracraig

if you look in the demon tweeks motorsport book they sell the resetable fuses in there page 243 in the 2006 book item 3 i will be purchasing some at the end of the month .... says in the book they are from £6.86 each but i think it is worth it i would rather pay that than have my car in flames .. hope this has helped you out .....

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
44/26 odds... not good prospects is it.

c'mon VAG.... sort it out!

any mods got contact details for someone in VAG who can acknowledge this and maybe report it officially?

Sim

who?
May 24, 2001
Budapest, Hungary
www.ignitron.net
My AC was acting up again and the first green fuse was extremely hot (plastic fusebox is a bit melted below the fuse). When i was knocking on the top of the fusebox, the RPM of the after run coolant pump fluctuated. I cut the appropirate wire off the oval connector and soldered the blue wire on it (this cannot be seen). A new 30A fuse is now used with crimp connectors. So far so good. The lid can be closed, too. Looks stock (when closed) except for an extra blue wire (the red is for my amp in the boot). Cheap fix.

fusebox.jpg

Last edited:

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
just wondering does it do this on the audi's and vw's?.... as i remember looking a friends bettle awhile ago, and thats a 1.8t and im sure the fuse box was the same on top of the battery....soo does the bettles do it or any of the other range with same fuse box?:confused:

cupratiz

Fuse blown

After reading symptoms of fans not working I checked my fuses and the 1st in from the wing is toast and the plastic holder is pretty melted too!

At least I dont need SEAT to charge me £££'s to diagnose. Thanks to all!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.