Standard LC - maximimum boost?

Jadams

I have recently fitted an autometer boost gauge and was keeping an eye on it down the M4 yesterday.

It seems to be maxing at 5psi, is this normal?

Also on a different note the engine warning light has also come since I replaced the recirc dv valve and reset the ECU (disconnected the negative on the battery for 15 mins)

As an amateur any help would be welcomed!

andycupra

status subject to change
should be around 9psi.
5psi is limp mode.

what is the light like on the dash that has come up?
did it come on immediaely after the dv fit and ecu reset?

its easy to damage or knock the N75 or maf wiring when you replace the dv.
what dv is it?

Jadams

Came on about 100 miles after I replaced the DV. Unfortunately it's the standard BOSCH DV (plastic with diaphram).

The light on the dash looks like a small diagram of the enigine block (profile).

I don't know if there is any correlation but the small pipe that leads from the windscreen washer bottle popped off (half way down the pipe is a connector) and there was some water dripping near to the intercooler. I could see some electrics down there that could have been damaged??

andycupra

status subject to change
where abouts are you?
sound like you really need someone with vag com to check out what fault codes are stored on the ecu. there are a fair few people on here happy to help out if nearby.

you can do this at a dealer, but they will charge you £80 for the privilege!

alternatively you could reset the ecu again and see if the fault reappears. but it would be good to find out what the faults are.

Jadams

Based in Bristol. Just got a laptop but need to get my hands on a copy of VAG-Com. What is the cable I need, there seem to be a number of choices i.e. HEX-
KEY- or Micro-CAN?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.