What next for my LCR???

paulsnewcuprar

Apr 8, 2006
Well,i thought i was finished with it,but i am now tempted to do some more,as i really do love the car,but i want noticeable improvements.

I bought my Cupra R 225(Ovni Yellow) completely standard a couple of months ago,and since then it has had a Custom Code Remap,Green Panel Filter,Forge Diverter Valve,Eibach Lowering Springs,19"OZ Superleggara's,EBC Pad's,and is always run on Super Unleaded,preferably Tesco 99 Octane...................so where do i go now,it doesn't bother me whether it is performance/handling or looks(but subtle).

I was thinking MAYBE a FMIC(but the cost compared with improvements put's me off).

Uprated Anti Roll Bars?

Quickshift??

Black Angel Eyes/Smoked Rears(bit tacky???).

Dog Bone(don't know what it is,or how it would improve).

Anything else??????

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Dog bone engine mount - highly recommend the EIP one from westec
EIP Quickshift - from the same place
Audi S3 front strut brace £55 from your local Audi dealer + fitting + Bolts
Neuspeed 25mm front and 28mm Anti-Roll bars from Awesome Gti
Some Koni RSD dampers and Eibach springs from Awesome Gti

In the above order ;)

paulsnewcuprar

Apr 8, 2006
Ruddmeister said:
Dog bone engine mount - highly recommend the EIP one from westec
EIP Quickshift - from the same place
Audi S3 front strut brace £55 from your local Audi dealer + fitting + Bolts
Neuspeed 25mm front and 28mm Anti-Roll bars from Awesome Gti
Some Koni RSD dampers and Eibach springs from Awesome Gti

In the above order ;)

What does the dogbone do mate??

paulsnewcuprar

Apr 8, 2006
I would if i could mate,but i don't know how.

If you are looking to get some for yours,i would say that you will be very lucky to find them now,as when i bought them,they were the last set for a LCR that MSW had,as they have just been replaced by the new Ultraleggarra's!!

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
paulsnewcuprar said:
What does the dogbone do mate??

One of the engine mounts is made of soft rubber stuff to reduce vibration/make for a nicer ride. One of the downsides is that the engine can move in the soft rubber making the wheels hop (esp on a remapped car). By replacing it with a neoprene one you reduce this movement and give more grip. You can buy the insert from westec (neuspeed) or forge and fit it for ~£10 as long as you make sure you use the right torque settings, or do the whole mount (EIP/westec?) which is supposed to reduce the inherent vibration through the steering wheel this mod gives ~£140

paulsnewcuprar

Apr 8, 2006
NeilC said:
One of the engine mounts is made of soft rubber stuff to reduce vibration/make for a nicer ride. One of the downsides is that the engine can move in the soft rubber making the wheels hop (esp on a remapped car). By replacing it with a neoprene one you reduce this movement and give more grip. You can buy the insert from westec (neuspeed) or forge and fit it for ~£10 as long as you make sure you use the right torque settings, or do the whole mount (EIP/westec?) which is supposed to reduce the inherent vibration through the steering wheel this mod gives ~£140

Is it difficult to fit???

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.