Nuube need help vag-com error low boost

mitchtech

Noob need help vag-com error low boost

Hi peeps,

Got a mk1 cupra 1.8t 180bhp.

engine has been in limp mode for a few days now.

connected vag-com to read codes and got:

07608 - Boost control valve (N249): Mechanical malfunction.

cleared codes etc...

have been suffering from low boost because of the obvious limp mode, but now the car stutters when on boost and will only boost when it feels like it.

didn't reallt want to go down the aftermarket "max power" type manual boost valve as i have a revo sps on order.

so i was hoping to replace the suspected faulty N249 with a stock one.

Wanted you guys to confirm i had the right part indicated by my photo (RED ARROWED ITEM) and perhaps any body know the part number and price.

Regards,

Mitch.

P.S I would have been contributing a lot more to this forum a lot sooner if it was not for yahoo's smashin spam filter.

Ohh and respect to all the guys that attended donington an Sunday! Great show!!:)
CIMG1779.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
your indicated picture shows the N75 valve, unsure where the N249 is myself but someone should be on soon to help you matey,

If you need a N75 valve though I have a stock one spare (if I can find it...?)

**edit** Did a searchy! should look like this fella; I think I have noticed this near my 4th coil pack (might be wrong though)

N249Vacuum.jpg

Last edited:

mitchtech

@ cupra-c_ya heres the edited more browser friendly version of the pic, edge of N75 still in shot.

editedbcv.jpg

mitchtech

yes the picture on post 2 is the same picture on post one. just that because the resolution was so high you could not see all of the pic without sliding the slider to the right on the browser.

so pic 2 is now a cropped version of pic one.

Sorry didn't mean to confuse.

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
sorry mate maybe we have confused each other, the item you have indicated with the red arrow is the N75 valve, the N249 valve you are refering to on the vag com fault code is to the left of the shot (not arrowed) im pretty sure this is where the 4th coil pack/spark plug is, did my spark plugs yesterday so had to take this off to get to the last coil pack/spark plugs.

I think all you need is the N75 valve indicated by your red arrow if I am not mistaken, more experienced people will confirm matey. just trying to help! :doh:

Last edited:

mitchtech

so why does the big one on the left without the red arrow on have N75 stamped on it ????? Im confused

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
md078,

maybe you can clear this up then mate,

are the the N75 and N249 different parts or the same part, to me the part indicated with the red arrow is deffo the N75 valve, N249 is a different part not?

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
do a search on here for N75 valve and N249 valve and that will explain all, could be that your standard bosch dump valve is fooked? unsure if this would cause limp mode though.

Im sure at some point somone who has vast amounts of experience in this area will help you out better then me mate, hopefully not confuse the hell out of you too?

*edit* done some research on various other forums and it suggests that the dump valve could be at fault rather then the actual N249 solenoid, best to check this first to see if valve is fooked or tubes are split.

Last edited:

mitchtech

ok thanks anyways cupra_c.

all i really need now is to identify Boost control valve (N249) with a pic

then i can replace it and cure my "07608 - Boost control valve (N249): Mechanical malfunction" prob wich is what is throwing it into limp mode.

a part number would be sweet :)

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
ring the dealer tomorrow matey, they will have it.

do a searchy on here and the net.

you have got to check your dump valve matey as it is the standard bosch one prone to fooking up, start there before changing the N249. have you done this yet? it still has the factory clips on the tubing.
up to you matey, if you have checked your d/v and all is fine then fair enough. cant help you anymore, sorry

this is the N249 valve on the car indicated by red arrow if I am not mistaken.

dscn7513n75jps7.jpg

Last edited:

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
so the n249 is near the dipstick, in my picture what is the the object near the
4th coilpack then with the black casing?

like you say ninja it is more then likely a shot standard bosch dump valve that has been on the car from new possible.

ninjabadger

Feb 19, 2004
northants
Visit site
that is a expantion box it just holds air the n249 valve is a electrical valve .i had the same thing on vag com and had all the n249 valve off and bypassed it .their is instructions on this site .it never made any diffrence and was a real pig to do unless you know your way round a engine dont go there.your best bet is o get a forge dump valve it is well worth it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise