Pastywagon Racing Sprint Dates 2006

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
fookin expensive toy though ;) and I dont fancy santa's chances of getting it down the chimney (might make the sleigh a bit quicker though LOL)

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
F2 Stu said:
Thats good to hear:) guess I'll have to put them springs and one of these rad to my endless shopping list:D

The old engine already had fancy valve springs, but they still broke.....time will tell if the new ones are any better

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
When I meant simular i did'nt mean litteraly - I meant somthing out of the ordinary, hell I dont know what's in your engine :)

these springs then.............;)

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
ibizacupra said:
you building a motor with solid lifters, very high compression & big cams Stu?

Big big cams - No - daily runner so summat inbetween
Solid lifters - No
High(er) compression - thats the plan
Accumalating parts and not doing anything with them with any urgency - Oh yes:D :lol: :doh:

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Latest - got me new motor :dance: :rock: :rocker:

Like the old one but with added pasty. Found out what the problem with the old one was:

holedpiston.jpg

Oops. Thats what a dropped valve does to an engine - caused by a broken valve spring (into 3 pieces) - inturn caused by an overrev

New one:

newengine1.jpg

Coming to a sprint track very very soon

Ave it

Rob

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
latest - engine and box are back in the car - top days pasty action and cheers to Saul for helping out - will connect ancillaries and odds and sods over next few weeks, biggest issue being dry sump pipes as are going to change routing of these this time and go for a lighter construction pipe (dont need the 10,000 psi of last time methinks LOL - excavator hydraulic hose.....bit of overkill)

Ave it

Rob

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Dry sump lines, of the design my car has, are essentially atmospheric - all the pressurisation occurs in the body of the pump - the only pressure they have to stand is that generated by 6ft x 1" of oil - 100psi would be easily enough - going to get some pukka aeroquip dry sump pipe - pushes on to end fittings and is really light and flexible

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
got that sort of pipe on my cooler connections. you will luv it once you have used it... mucho easyo to route.

Pasty wagen nearly there. Woohoo!

'Ave it

Were you at Curborough on Saturday, Rob?
Just heard that somebody called Deryk Young set a new record - 50.43 for a double run, crossing the line at a speed of 136mph. On their third run, they crossed the finish line at 142mph - that seems a bl**dy fast speed to cross the finish line at, must have great brakes to get it slowed down again before reaching the loop!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
142 is fast there....

Deryk_Young.jpg

That's his car - Judd engined - so will be plenty powerful

Wings & a diffuser

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Thats massive......very very fast saloons sometimes get down to 60secs, fast caterfields 59-56 so a 50 sec is massive........respect

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise