question on induction kit

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
The advantage of having a dynatwist type filter with ducting from the wing, means that any stones of heavy debris, is unlikey to be sucked up the whole distance of the ducting, and not get to the air filter.

One situated in the wing is of course in the firing line so to speak, of ann stones and debris. But regular cleaning should be ok.

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Here's the only pic i can find of the AM one at the mo,
images

Radek

Jan 12, 2005
CupraTgirl said:
I have seen a Pipercross filter like the Carbonia that must sit somewhere under the battery (may need to use relocation brackets on the battery for it to sit right)

I have heard it on a Leon and it sounds awesome but i dont know if can face doing anything that may :censored: my car up with whats been going on this month with her

I just want the real loud suck and dump noise without hurting my car :(

It's called Velocity Intake System by Pipercross , there's model available for Ibiza

Radek

Jan 12, 2005
David_smith_909 said:
is the filter element wrapped in forge silicone on that pic???

That might by kind of dry charger , cover which secure filter from sucking water

Radek

Jan 12, 2005
CupraTgirl said:
Yeah thats it! Have you got any feedback on it? Is it going to sit too low so that water gets in it?

No feedback . I'm considering buying this Pipercross kit or K&N kit with dry charger .

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
Has anybody bought one of those carbon fibre full through induction kits? Ive seen some on ebay for about £65 was just wonderin if theyr any good??

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Forbez said:
Dave as said, basically its a sock to cover to cover the filter.

The pipercross CF one is about £300 aint it!

Is that the Viper one we are talking about? Yeah its about £250-£300

Then again the Jabbasport Induction Kit is £230

Oh i dont know what to get :(

May 2, 2006
i can vouch for jabba sounding the b@ll@cks tho, loud as hell sucking noise when your on load, nice whoosh also, performance is good, it is pricey though compared to others

Last edited:

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
David_smith_909 said:
i can vouch for jabba sounding the b@ll@cks tho, load as hell sucking noise when your on load, nice whoosh also, performance is good, it is pricey though compared to others

Hhmm is it going to mess around with MAFs and other bits though as i would pay the money if i knew it was going to be ok on the car?

May 2, 2006
Well it was one of the first things i got for my car and i havnt replaced a MAF yet ............ at all infact, its a dry filter so nice and MAF happy :)

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
David_smith_909 said:
Well it was one of the first things i got for my car and i havnt replaced a MAF yet ............ at all infact, its a dry filter so nice and MAF happy :)

Hhmm its VERY tempting

How did you sort out getting it through Jabba?

I have just seen you have a customized CAI too? Would that make much difference?

May 2, 2006
the cai is their to feed the cone cold air (got this from badger5), its sheilded anyway, just a extra precaution to make double sure its cool air im suckin in (worked really well though before i put the CAI in)

i had no problem at all with jabba, went to their website, got their number and rang them, a young lady answered, took my order and 2 days later i had it (and that was with a delay as well as they were waiting for 1 part to finish making the kit) really easy to fit and the difference from standard air box to this is just unreal

their are alot of other kits out their though remember, these are just MY opinions and not all opinions

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
David_smith_909 said:
the cai is their to feed the cone cold air (got this from badger5), its sheilded anyway, just a extra precaution to make double sure its cool air im suckin in (worked really well though before i put the CAI in)

i had no problem at all with jabba, went to their website, got their number and rang them, a young lady answered, took my order and 2 days later i had it (and that was with a delay as well as they were waiting for 1 part to finish making the kit) really easy to fit and the difference from standard air box to this is just unreal

their are alot of other kits out their though remember, these are just MY opinions and not all opinions

Yeah of course

I have been looking at getting one for a while as i really want the noise, i had an Open Filter before but it was :censored: and wobbled around everywhere

Is it still loud without the extra CAI?

TimD

Jun 8, 2005
Bah, induction kit, insmuction kit, bring on the modified air box :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.