LCR 04 plate - coilpack failure

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
After almost 180,000miles on 1.8T engines I had my first coilpack fail yesterday. Firstly I thought this problem had been sorted from 53 onwards!

Anyway, called the AA and informed the call centre it was the coilpack, driver arrived within 30mins and I informed him cylinder 1 coilpack had failed (vagcom whilst waiting!) 5mins and it was swapped, running again and we were filling out the paperwork.

Right now for the question, being as one has now failed what is the likelyhood of another failing?

Would you...
1, Carry a spare coilpack with you - just in case
2, replace the remaininig 3 coilpacks to prevent the chances of another failing
3, do nothing, another is unlikely to fail

???

Gaz-04

May 29, 2004
East Midlands
Hi Neil,

I Would speak to dealer about the 5 year warranty on certain coil packs, with regard to what model number/serial number/manufacturing date this warranty applies to. Then check remaining cylinders as you may have 'early/frail' design coilpacks even though car is 2004 registered

Seem to remember sombody from JBS (sarah) posting something about the 5 year warranty thing as it is not widely advertised by the dealer.

Found the Thread http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69455&highlight=coil+packs

Hope this helps

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Called the dealer, they will attempt to change the remaining under warrantry otherwise I will get them swapped anyway - cant afford to be stuck again!

Cheers Gaz.

225 Cupra R

Jun 17, 2007
Can someone give me the part no. for OEM factory coilpacks to fit LCR 225bhp, engne code BAM. Jan 04.

Gaz-04

May 29, 2004
East Midlands
coilpack part no.

225 Cupra R,

Coilpack part no. is 06B905115R, if you go somewhere like VW TPS they will ask for your chassis no. As for cost i think last time i brought a couple of the them they came to approx £70.

Hope this helps

PS; The search function is quite useful with regard to looking for part numbers, can take a little bit of time to go through the results but you usually can find what your looking for.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.