Buying a Leon Cupra R

steveshady

Back to Deezley Weezly!
Mar 15, 2004
Exeter
Hi all

I've seen 2 LCRs for sale at my local seat dealer in Teignmouth.

They're both registered in Nov05.

One is Platinum Grey with 4200 miles, One is Artic Grey with 3800 miles.

Both are selling for £15,750.

I really want one but something is bugging me in the back of my mind saying that is too much.
Someone on a previous thread stated they were going to £15,500 new before they went off the shelves.
Is there anyway I can prove that to the dealer to get a discount?

Because for £250 more I can get a new Leon FR TFSI through seatcarsdirect.net.

Bearing in mind I wont be part-exing my car and I'll be paying cash up front from my loan, what sort of discount do you reckon I could get?

I'm rubbish at haggling, the last few times I just spent the effort trying to get more for my old car.

Any tips out there?

Steve

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Steve - SMC in Exeter have two grey LCR's, 53 and 04 plate's both with low mileage. They are around the 12-13k mark.... Both look pretty mint too... If you want one of the county cars tell them about getting the new shape for not much more and see if you can "do a deal"....

steveshady

Back to Deezley Weezly!
Mar 15, 2004
Exeter
Yeah I've seen them.

I think one has been sold though, leaving the old one with 24,000 miles.

Ideally I wanted something newer with alot fewer miles on, that I could keep for longer and make my baby!

andycupra

status subject to change
all dealers shoudl know the LCR was going for 15,500, think it was a near year deal at the beginning of 2006. (this was on the seat uk home page)

also they were putting the LCR body kit on the dieesels. but with the 17" LCR wheels.

paulsnewcuprar

Apr 8, 2006
I bought my Cupra R from County back in May of this year,it is a 2004 54 plate,that had 9000 miles when i bought it,and i paid £13,500 with a service and 6 months tax so they do seem overpriced,but since buying mine i have kept an eye on Counties ads and they do seem to have put there prices up???

However i will say that they seemed to be really great to deal with,and the sales manager i dealt with was so much better than the people at BMW for my last car.

If you don't like haggling,phone them up and discuss the situation with them and see what discounts they could give you.........................at least you won't be face to face!!!

badlydrawnbanan

cholangio carcenoma doh !
steveshady said:
Hi all

I've seen 2 LCRs for sale at my local seat dealer in Teignmouth.

They're both registered in Nov05.

One is Platinum Grey with 4200 miles, One is Artic Grey with 3800 miles.

Both are selling for £15,750.

I really want one but something is bugging me in the back of my mind saying that is too much.
Someone on a previous thread stated they were going to £15,500 new before they went off the shelves.
Is there anyway I can prove that to the dealer to get a discount?

Because for £250 more I can get a new Leon FR TFSI through seatcarsdirect.net.

Bearing in mind I wont be part-exing my car and I'll be paying cash up front from my loan, what sort of discount do you reckon I could get?

I'm rubbish at haggling, the last few times I just spent the effort trying to get more for my old car.

Any tips out there?

Steve

They sound a bit pricey to me ? I bought a March 05 registered Luna Grey LCR in March of this year with just under 5k on the clock for £14k .... id haggle with them

steveshady

Back to Deezley Weezly!
Mar 15, 2004
Exeter
badlydrawnbanan said:
They sound a bit pricey to me ? I bought a March 05 registered Luna Grey LCR in March of this year with just under 5k on the clock for £14k .... id haggle with them

Was that through a SEAT dealership? Which one?

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
Might be that they need these figures to turn a profit on them if they've given over generous part-ex prices or perhaps they are just trying their luck.

Always worth a cheeky offer and if they turn you down give them your number. You may well get a phone call after a few days once they've had chance to think about it.

adrian2006uk

thinking about selling it 54 reg black leon cupra r 225
14k miles
standard apart from xenon head light conversion
and a becker sat nav head unit
anythink else

Matt Cupra R

Jan 13, 2006
Berkshire
Remember that the £15,555 price was a special offer. The proper price was £18,000 so they are quite within their rights to increase the price to over the £15,555 price point. It was a limited offer deal.

Saying that, I am sure that being a cash buyer etc, you will be able to get some knocked off the screen price.

steveshady

Back to Deezley Weezly!
Mar 15, 2004
Exeter
Seen a couple more LCRs knocking around with low mileage on, but older cars.

Would a seat dealer be willing to chuck in a 3 year warranty if pushed?

homerjay

i have just bought a jan 2006/55 with 10k miles for 14k private sale... only thing wrong with it a scuffed wheel.

before i bought it i drove a 2005/55 which had 2500 miles and was almost mint condition. was up at 15k at ron hogson in ormskirk. but just too low a mileage and the engine was very tight. i just wouldnt put the miles on the car to make make it driveable..

i also drove a complete mess of a 2005/05 with 15k miles at hobins i preston which was up for 16k, which was fookin barmy money for a less than average example...

hibitdat

Leon FR TDI 150 Plat Grey
Sep 30, 2004
Dorset
Have seen the LCR's (and TDI FR's) at County and they all look nice. The prices seem to be below book too, so when you factor in they are SEAT approved (more assurances than private) and the generally good service they provide there I think they are reasonable value...

Legohead

Feb 11, 2006
Hertfordshire
the prices had dipped a bit around the time I bought mine (approx 6 months ago), there seemed to be plenty of stock and choice in colours, but I think Seat UK's stock is drying up now, hence the increase.

as alreasy said that was a limited promotion, although I can see where your coming from.

Just offer the dealer what you think is a 'fair' price, theycan only say no and its a good way to kick off with some haggling. Do a country wide search, interestingly northern prices seem higher

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
if you do buy a car from County, try and deal with a guy called Steve Radford ;) I bought my Ibiza from there a few years back, and he was a top guy to deal with.

Dropped in there last weekend, and they've got a couple of LCR's in stock at the mo, but all out of my price range at the mo!!!

Andy

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members