cupra R airbox mod _where to route intake?

Balf2k

Jul 5, 2006
South East Kent
Hello guys, I have a Leon Cupra R and want to keep my standard air box (I have smoothed the insides) but I can't find a suitable place to route some ducting from the airbox to get better flow rates. I previously had a Mk4 1.8T Golf which was easy, just routed down into the lower cut out in the bumper but the leon has another intercooler on this car and I cant seem to fit anything down there. Any opinions on where to route the ducting would be great. Wanna get it sorted before I get Jabba to remap it in a couple of weeks time.

chubbs

Nov 14, 2001
waterlooville
Visit site
i smoothed out the airbox whick took about 6 hours how long did you spend? its now so smooth it shines but left the in take pipe as it is coz i'm not sure where to put the end of the ducting pipe

Balf2k

Jul 5, 2006
South East Kent
:) Yeah took prob a good 3 hours to smooth. Chubbs - what power did you get from your Jabba remap? I am interested cos I also have blue flame and standard airbox, going to Jabba in a couple of weeks

chubbs

Nov 14, 2001
waterlooville
Visit site
the car was standered when remaped it was quite a while ago (2004) i got 280bhp and 386 Nm of toque had no problems what so ever i ask about the exhaust if it would need mapping again wes told the map would be fine

Balf2k

Jul 5, 2006
South East Kent
Really don't want to lose the fog light ? Damn its hard to know where to route the thing, not much room in these bays really. Chubbs> Nice torque by the way, that must pull like hell :)

Balf2k

Jul 5, 2006
South East Kent
Yes mate, thanks, do you know where to get those front intake scoops from the Racing leons, that looks pukka, I want one of those and battery repositioning brackets then I WILL be happy. PS I need to have the work done by 30th August, that is the date she's gonna get on Jabba's rollers for some magic :)

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.