New Altea XL Spy Shots revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallpaul

Jul 2, 2005
If SEAT are the supposed 'Sporty' branch of the VAG family why are they building cars that you wouldn't even want to be taken to your funeral in?

Audi get it right; VAG can't seriously believe the Altea would steal sales from the A3 Sportback etc?

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
i could see the apeal,if i wanted anMPV ,shite colour.and why is he driving it the wrong way in the second pic? :D

NeilW

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2004
Yorkshire!!!
Just what Seat needed. Another indentikit design, ala Leon, Toledo, Altea. Bound to be slated by the press, sell naff all, and be dropped.

Fingers crossed the new designers will get it right with the next models...

loadswine

loadswine
I think you probably need to view this one in context, its not in the same market segment as an Audi, more of the Zafira kind of vehicle, doesn't look so bad compared with that. Ford's similar size offering looks much better though.

Tallpaul

Jul 2, 2005
loadswine said:
I think you probably need to view this one in context, its not in the same market segment as an Audi, more of the Zafira kind of vehicle, doesn't look so bad compared with that. Ford's similar size offering looks much better though.

C'mon even SEAT should be aspiring to better styling than Vauxhall.

I know the mk1 Leon and mk3 Ibiza are out of date now, but at the time they were so much better looking than anything else in their respective markets. Even the new Leon looks good in the flesh, especially the Aero kit or the FR.

Good styling doesn't have to cost the earth so why are they turning out these now formulaic models? It almost looks like the design remit was 'lets put together a model that families will be a able to buy used for a small amount of money'. Just a shame nobody will buy them new in the first place, otherwise the designers will have fulfilled their brief perfectly.

loadswine

loadswine
I guess they do it that way cos its cheaper, personally , I don't like it, but I'm not keen on the Zafira either. The Ford is about the only one that's anywhere near decent to look at.
I still think the MPV is best designed as a distinct separate model from the outset. Fiat got the packaging and dynamics spot on when they designed their Multipla that way, exterior styling went a bit west, but they scored 2 out of 3 !

Tell

Staff member
Yeah, Seat did announce when the brought out the Altea that the others in the family would have the same look and feel. Given that the guy use to design the Alfas and they all have the same look and feel. I suppose as Altea owners, we get miffed when we see a similar design / shape and decided that it doesn't work stretched, bulged or whatever. I now like the New Leon, I didn't at the time.

The Altea is a weird design and I've always said this, allong way away from the front it doesn't look good, once your up close your eyes get taken by the lines and it looks much better and sexy. I don't think the XL looked that bad. Seat have a problem with the Toledo bum, and if this was to replace that, then perhaps they would sell more. Dunno. Not too sure where those 7 seats fit in mind you.

Tell

Staff member
Is the Toledo dead then ? or is this just the option if someone wants a bigger Altea ?. Confusing ?.

http://media.seat.com/en/view_object.html?obj=1200,1781,c,15923

This picture is very touching in the gallery

multimedia.html

;)

I'm sure the kids in the back need the extra 2cms of forward legroom.

"Compared to the Altea, the rear seats in the Altea XL can be moved back by an extra two centimetres, meaning additional legroom for passengers travelling in the rear."

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
Toledo is not dead, but the new chief designer of SEAT Luc Donkerville (spl?:)) said in Auto+Design magazine ( a trade car design magazine) said that the Toledo was a mistake, they should have given it a different name and that they are already working on a new model which will be more like Toledo of old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.