Radio Help

roundy

Aug 19, 2006
Hampshire, UK
My radio doesn't go off when the ignition is switched off, any ideas?

Oh, and should the dash lights be on when the headlamps are switched off?

Cheers!...

Ibiza Cupra

Do you just turn the key and it still stays on or are you taking the key out??? If you are taking the key out and it stays on then it sounds like you have a loose connection.

As for your dash lights they are permanantly on whether your lights are on or off when your ignition is on.

Hope dis helps.

roundy

Aug 19, 2006
Hampshire, UK
Ibiza Cupra said:
Do you just turn the key and it still stays on or are you taking the key out??? If you are taking the key out and it stays on then it sounds like you have a loose connection.

As for your dash lights they are permanantly on whether your lights are on or off when your ignition is on.

Hope dis helps.

I can take the key out and lock the car and the radio still stays on!!!
If its a loose connection I imagine its on the ignition feed, how easy is the stereo to get out?

Cheers...

Ibiza Cupra

roundy said:
I can take the key out and lock the car and the radio still stays on!!!
If its a loose connection I imagine its on the ignition feed, how easy is the stereo to get out?

Cheers...
Basically there is 2 screws underneath the AC controls. Undo them then pull the whole centre off. Unclip the electical ribbon connected to the Screen the undo four screws and pull the head unit out.

Ibiza Cupra

Jamie R said:
I have a radio question also.

How do you fine tune the radio?
Press band then hold the MAN button. This puts it into manual mode.

Ibiza Cupra

No worries. Found this out after an hour of messing around trying to get an ipod nano itrip to work!!!!!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members