revo or remap?

jimmy2006

Aug 4, 2006
just got a mk3 ibiza cupra, just enjoying the free revo 5 hour trial at the minute (what a difference), is the revo software upgrade the way to go (£469 all in) or are the remaps just as good? I ask this as there is a place fairly local which will remap my car for £200. Do you get the same power gains etc? same fuel consumption?

flashbsd

jabba generic map is 375inc vat, cc's is about the same, lots more choice other than revo you know! APR, impossible etc :)

jimmy2006

Aug 4, 2006
I understand that revo is a remap, just away of seperating the different types of remaps available. Looking for the most power + torque out of the standard setup (apart from dump valve and optimax). Any suggestions?

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
REVO seems to be the norm on here, good reason for it too. Good results and very reliable. The main difference between poular remaps is the way that the power is delivered, ie all in one punch or spread across the rev range. Do a quick search for APR vs REVO vs Jabbasport etc.

jimmy2006

Aug 4, 2006
what do you get for your £469 with the revo? do you only get the software remap or do you get the program change switches etc?

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
But what about the R&D behind them, and advertising!

Its the same with most things, ie if you could make a carbon fibre bonnet for £50, but everyone else was selling one for £600, would you sell yours for £50 or more??

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
You can throw a blanket over all the remaps tho unless you go BT. Even a 'custom' remap wont get you much more power than revo stage 2 on a k03s.

I went for REVO mainly due to the fact i can upgrade and play with the settings myself. And the fact i dont have to travel miles to get it done.

jimmy2006

Aug 4, 2006
dunno what to do? shell out £469 on the revo (impressed with trial) or gamble on the £200 remap which could be better or could be worse. Just interested in the max safe power from the engine.

jimmy2006

Aug 4, 2006
looks like it will probably have to be the revo remap afterall as the free trial apparently changes settings on 2 chips on the ecu (after the trial has ended) and will require soldering new chips in order to change it back to factory settings. Bit of a bummer really as it sort of narrows down my options considerably. The independent remaps are considerably cheaper than the revo remaps for whats essentially the same code. any comments?

jimmy2006

Aug 4, 2006
im just going off what ive been told. I really like the revo remap but it just seems a little on the expensive side. is £469 the price everywhere or are there cheaper places?