RamAir

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
RamAir/Raid filters aren't covered in oil, it's a sticky polymer. They work fine and are safe for mafs.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
speedsix said:
RamAir/Raid filters aren't covered in oil, it's a sticky polymer. They work fine and are safe for mafs.

I wouldn't go that far! It's a polymer oil. I had no trouble with mine at all until I cleaned it and re-oiled it using the Ramair stuff. After that, mucho MAF failure.

I can't say categorically that the filter caused the failures - but I've had to stop using it and have had no MAF probs since.

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
yup, this is what i was told about the ram air as well...

and the dynamtwist is likely to rust and can cause a bit of rust sludge...

just gonna go standard cone filter and hope the MAF is alright for the moment...

Tony 156

Jul 27, 2006
Thatcham
Alright guys,

What sort of power gain we looking at from the ramair.
ive got a 57i on mine, closly follwed by MAF failure, but now all is good. Plus i get the wastegate chatter back through it. sounds goo aswell. But no noticable power increase.

flashbsd

wastegate chatter isnt good fella! you mean you an hear the dump valve?

Id get rid of your 57i if i were you, not good news. not just maf with the oil, it ends up round your turbo and IC pipework thus injecting it into the engine.

Ona second note, your not going to see any gain with any air filter to be honest, its all a bit of a myth, i think my MAF with an open filter saw 3 g/s more, thats if the logs were accurate

Tony 156

Jul 27, 2006
Thatcham
i have degreased the 57i so no more oily nonsence costing me MAF's. Its definatly waste gate chatter thats comming back through. few of my mates have the MK4 Golf (ibiza wanabe's) and they make the same noise. Its just where the noise comes out the filter aswell as the wastegate. just the waste gate is very silenced.

Tony 156

Jul 27, 2006
Thatcham
yeah its al standard as i have had it for 9 months and done nothing but fix it. Poor thing was abused by its previous owner.

Could be an idea for new thread.

Sponser an Ibiza, your 2 pounds a month could help get this poor beeza back on its wheels. I never put a good car down.

Jamie R

Standard is the way!!
Jan 19, 2006
Hertfordshire
Ive been ringing around trying to find a raimair maxflow kit and have been told that there isnt one for the ibiza cupra 20vt.

If this is the case what fitment are people using?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.