Eagle F1s and ESP

Oct 12, 2005
Hi all. I have a new set of eagle f1s on the rear and the original bridgestones on the front (I will change these for f1s when there worn down), anyway I was driving along a long sweeping bend and I could feel the back end start to slip slighlty\oversteer and esp kicked in. It felt under control but I thought eagles where good. I have only done 300 miles on them.

Thanks

Snoopcousins

Working the Guns!
Mar 18, 2005
Bangor
I have the same setup as you with NEW F1s on the rear and older Bridgestones on the front.
I havnt noticed any oversteer, but on long faster sweeping corners I dont think the FR TDI is particularly smooth. It feels kinda wobbly and not very confidence inspiring. Makes me want to change the suspension sometime soon.

What tyre pressures are you running? im on 33psi all round....

Darth Tater

Feb 16, 2006
Kent
Snoopcousins said:
Any links on these ARBs? How much we talking really?

Snoop

See here

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/neuspeed.html

Ask in the Awesome section for a price. From memory I think they're about £300 or so for front and rear. I've got 28mm all round on my LCR and they're very good. Mine came from Big Boys Toys though as closer to me

Other places also sell Neuspeed stuff so hunt around

Oct 12, 2005
Ye i am running 33psi all around. It doesnt scare me infact feels quite good and controlled. With be keeping esp on mind:lol:

Snoopcousins

Working the Guns!
Mar 18, 2005
Bangor
Think i will sometime get those anti-roll bars but probably better to get some lower sports suspension first and see what that does for the handling...
I still have Revo to save for too... :lol:

skOOby

Sep 2, 2002
Bucks
Visit site
I have f1s on all corners of my LCR. When they were first fitted I hated them and had no confidence whatsover in the car. But like others have said - couple hundred miles later and the car sticks like 5hit to a blanket! Get yer fronts done and bung it into some bends! :clap:

Snoopcousins

Working the Guns!
Mar 18, 2005
Bangor
Reg said:
Have found 30psi all round in the tyres will make a noticeable improvement too.

Would this be different on the FR TDIs than the LCRs?
Would the TDIs not need a higher front psi due to the extra weighty engine?
Mine are at 33psi all round but they look under-inflated, i may have to try a different garage to check the air-pressure but then thats further away and the tyres wont be cold..! :confused:

Darth Tater

Feb 16, 2006
Kent
Snoopcousins said:
Would this be different on the FR TDIs than the LCRs?
Would the TDIs not need a higher front psi due to the extra weighty engine?
Mine are at 33psi all round but they look under-inflated, i may have to try a different garage to check the air-pressure but then thats further away and the tyres wont be cold..! :confused:

Snoop

Check inside fuel filler cap for recommended pressures for your FR

You can of course have a play as required if you want to change handling slightly but wouldn't go too far from standard figures

Snoopcousins

Working the Guns!
Mar 18, 2005
Bangor
Yea i have checked and i think it says 32 front and 30 rear but im not 100% sure.
At those pressures it feels very heavy though would probably stick round corners better.
I think i need an accurate digital air machine rather than the older ones and not sure if my Halfords mini-tyre pressure reader is accurate!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.