LCR what problems have you had on yours ?

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
Done 11.5k miles from new, had the following problems :

1) Rattling noise in bootlid after 100 miles - sorted by dealer

2) Rattle from O/S rear seat back after 100 miles - sorted by dealer

3) Various dashboard and front door squeaks and rattles - sorted by turning the stereo up.

4) Mashed up front N/S alloy, trackrod, lower suspension arm and ball joint - apparently not a warranty job as was caused by lack of driver skill.

Stoner

May 5, 2003
Brum
Visit site
MarkE said:
Done 11.5k miles from new, had the following problems :

1) Rattling noise in bootlid after 100 miles - sorted by dealer

2) Rattle from O/S rear seat back after 100 miles - sorted by dealer

3) Various dashboard and front door squeaks and rattles - sorted by turning the stereo up.

4) Mashed up front N/S alloy, trackrod, lower suspension arm and ball joint - apparently not a warranty job as was caused by lack of driver skill.

Mark

What was the solution to the rattling noise in the bootlid? I think I've got something similar

:cheers:

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
Stoner said:
Mark

What was the solution to the rattling noise in the bootlid? I think I've got something similar

:cheers:

I can't remember now exactly what was causing it (locking mechanism, wiper motor or washer pipe) but they fixed it by removing the inner bootlid panel and either tightening or re-routing the offending thing. No problems since.

CupraR-Rog

Just Cruising...
Jul 19, 2003
West Somerset
Visit site
Let's see, ummm....

New Brake Light switch - brake lights didn't work from new, took me nearly a week to find out though!
erm...
Headlights pointing to the floor, sorry, I mean onto the top of the bumper (they were stupidly low, even after I asked the dealer to re-adjust them!)
what else...
Oh yeah, one or two zillion stone chips - think there's more white paint on the nose of my car now than black!!

Was there anything else?? can't remember if there was!! Oh yeah, OSR seat back was loose when locked in place (if that makes sense!)

And for the non-seat related problems:

2 scuffed alloys :(
Gone through 6 tyres in 13000 miles :(
OE Brembo pads lasted changed at 11500 miles, Mintex pads after 500 miles (melted them on a track day!) (carbon metallics on order, and being very gentle on old brembo's again!)
Chipped windscreen - well, it WAS a big stone! Got the "new car smell" back when the new one was fitted... :blink:
average mpg of about 22 - must be the steel capped boots I wear :whistle:

If I think of anything else, I'll post again!! Overall though, I'm thrilled to bits with the car!! :D

Omega

Mine is a bit of a weard one. The 6CD player will not play certain CD'd that are fine when played in the home unit.

Has any one else experienced this?

Before you have a go at my music taste, it was Pink's new album (mine) and Will Youngs new album (the wife).

Feel free to pass judgement but only after commenting re the possible CD player fault. :blink:

CupraR-Rog

Just Cruising...
Jul 19, 2003
West Somerset
Visit site
Think it has to do with the CD's being copy protected - if you look on the case I think you'll find some encryption notification...

...and from what I hear, the way around this is to copy the CD, thus creating a "backup" copy (which I believe you are allowed to do), and then use the backup in the car...

...anyone see the irony in all that???

Now, as for your taste in music...

Omega

Thanks for your help. I think you are right.

On a separate note, who else apart from me could spell the word weird like I did.

How can you spell check on this thing, so as not to appear completely stupid, not that I need any help in that department. :redface:

Black R

Apr 23, 2002
Visit site
Vennuth said:
Rear door speaker needed fixing as it was shorting out and made the headunit loose radio stations for some bizarre reason, Cupra badge lost it's paint and something happenned with the brakes that made them clonk ridiculously loud. Oh, and a new engine.

Rob

did u get new engine as a freebie warranty job ? if so ..who did u go to ? and how didu get round the revo part ?

Black R

Apr 23, 2002
Visit site
gingerbeard said:
Thanx.
Im gutted i didnt know about SeatCupra.net when i was having all the problems. I reckon you guys could have helped me out a lot.

I bought my LCR from Parkstone motor company in Leigh on sea Essex.

you didnt take it back by any chance ???

i just bought a LCR from them !!! for some wierd reason the bloke who bought it new took it back after 4 months ... :confused: muggins here buys it .. can only moan about the cd changer,rattly dash the wholly inadaquate paint work o and activating the bloody alarm everytime i start my car(pessing the key fob button :censored: :censored: )

Vennuth

Black R said:
did u get new engine as a freebie warranty job ? if so ..who did u go to ? and how didu get round the revo part ?

I got the new engine on warranty...Listers Coventry knew about the Revo (infact they advised me to get it) plus their service manager has Revo'd his LCR so they don't seem to care! Saying that, when it first went in I was sh*tting myself! Obviously I set it back to stock and took the SPS unit out of the car...

Rob

Black R

Apr 23, 2002
Visit site
Vennuth said:
I got the new engine on warranty...Listers Coventry knew about the Revo (infact they advised me to get it) plus their service manager has Revo'd his LCR so they don't seem to care! Saying that, when it first went in I was sh*tting myself! Obviously I set it back to stock and took the SPS unit out of the car...

Rob

in think i bought the service managers car!! rejected it when i saw what a serious sh1t mess the paint was in... fell out with them over it so if my new one goes bang i think i'm gonna have to try elsewhere

Vennuth

Ooo, now you're talking, I have a strong suspension mine was used as a demo car before I bought it...I've had an engine failure, brake pads failed prematurely (IMO), gearbox feels crap - the synchro is awfull - 1st to 2nd grinds something chronic. Also, I ordered my car (I think) in July and it wasnt due for delivery till late september, about a month after I ordered it an LCR arrived in my exact spec which was used as a demo, I just wish I'd checked the VIN numbers now.

Rob

Black R

Apr 23, 2002
Visit site
Vennuth said:
Ooo, now you're talking, I have a strong suspension mine was used as a demo car before I bought it...I've had an engine failure, brake pads failed prematurely (IMO), gearbox feels crap - the synchro is awfull - 1st to 2nd grinds something chronic. Also, I ordered my car (I think) in July and it wasnt due for delivery till late september, about a month after I ordered it an LCR arrived in my exact spec which was used as a demo, I just wish I'd checked the VIN numbers now.

Rob

i have learned a lot from my experience of the last few months .. this biggist hint i can give is .. never ever buy a Seat supplied motor !! the one i got now is a privately owned one .. it is like night and day compared to the **** heap i bought from listers.. the recaros are **** loads better too !!:drool:

ianc

Nov 1, 2005
Berkshire
12k miles from new;

- Rattling boot lid - still unresolved - WHATS THE FIX FOR THIS??
- Rear squirter failure - fixed under warrenty
- squeaky rear during slow reverse - still unresolved
- crazy wiper blade that lifted off the windowscreen flipped around and sprung back at the windowscreen creating a 12inch crack at <speed> on the M6 - window replaced under warrenty
- corroded R badges - replaced under warrenty

Thats all :)

neeleyveeley

Eyed Beauty
Mar 9, 2004
Midlands
Visit site
Trying to think now what actually went wrong with the car:

Badges all replaced

Convienence pack failure - was related to something else but cannot remember what now but involved this being replaced and the dash and door panels removed to get to it.

Gear Knob replaced - flaking

3 x coil pack failure - pain in the back side

Squeaky brakes

faulty coolant level sensor

Faulty headlight - never got the root of that problem

Sure I had a few other things that were not due to actually driving the car at all but hey all in the fun of things :)