Bought my LCR!!! Well, nearly!

steveshady

Back to Deezley Weezly!
Mar 15, 2004
Exeter
I checked out that yellow LCR and its pukka!

Not a mark on it! Even the engine bay is spotless, and the dealership haven't done their proper valet on it yet.

The only thing I saw wrong was that the tyres were on their limits, but they said straight away that they will replace them like for like (4 new Pirelli P-Zeros, nice!).

Couldn't argue with the price, the only one I have seen cheaper in a dealership was for £12750 for a Grey one at SMC Exeter that was a 53 plate with 6k more miles and badly scuffed rims.

So thats 12,999 for a 04 LCR with 19k on the clock, next service due at 29k, 12months warranty, 12 months breakdown, 24 months tyre insurance, 4 spanking pirellis.....Not bad I think!

All I need to do is let them know tommorrow afternoon that my finance is sorted and I'll pick it up next wednesday!

steveshady

Back to Deezley Weezly!
Mar 15, 2004
Exeter
jonjay said:
Sounds good...if it drives well go for it, you wont look back ever again :)

Yeah drove really nice, quite suprised at the amount of tyre noise you get though considering I roll on 18s on my passat, perhaps the passat just insulates it a bit better.

But i wont be using it so much on motorways, just as an evening and weekend toy!

Does anyone know what models were fitted with the tracker? Its a March 04 plate, and I heard they introduced it as a promotion on the 04 plates.

bushybeaver

V Power Love Machine
May 14, 2005
Mid Devon
Yea County Garage have a got a quite a few cupra's at the moment drove down there and yesterday trying to flog Tom some cars.
I see he still has the red tdi leon with the R kit aswell, had it months now.
Great dealership if it is them, aswell as the free tank off fuel, get a free car wash token aswell. [B)]

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
steveshady said:
Does anyone know what models were fitted with the tracker? Its a March 04 plate, and I heard they introduced it as a promotion on the 04 plates.

Tracker was UK Standard fit at the start of LCR 225 production from Autumn 2003 onwards.....it later stopped being offered somewhere around early 2005 IIRC. TBH it won't save much on your insurance and keeping it activated costs a few ££

storeyd

Newcastle
Jul 5, 2006
Newcastle
steveshady said:
Yeah drove really nice, quite suprised at the amount of tyre noise you get though considering I roll on 18s on my passat, perhaps the passat just insulates it a bit better.

But i wont be using it so much on motorways, just as an evening and weekend toy!

Don't worry about the tire noise. I am running on P-zeros with around 2mm tread depth and they are noisy. Another reason for me to change to another make. Would be F1's but they are terrible in the snow.

steveshady

Back to Deezley Weezly!
Mar 15, 2004
Exeter
I had eagle F1's on my Passat up until a couple months back. They lasted longer than any other tyre I have had.
I have to ring them today to confirm its all going through, so I'll mention it to them.
I guess even if you don't have the tracker activated, just a sticker in the window is enough to deter a chavvy thief if they do decide to half inch it.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
steveshady said:

Passat are insulated better from sound but P-zero's as mentioned above are noisy. In fact my P6000's are noisy compared to Dunlop's I had on my 110bhp leon.

Lentäjä

Jan 19, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Pirellis are quite noisy...at least P7000 were, but PZero Neros were much better!
I like Continental SportContact3...the best ones ive ever had.
Now i got BFGoodrich G-Force Pro 225/30-20 and they are not bad, but makes bit too much road noise.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Lentäjä said:
de-locking...what is that?
Some security problem on Leons?
Are you talking about the "key slot"?

Every VW car since the MK2 Golf has been vulnerable in one way or another, the Leon is no different.

Obviously I can't explain in detail becasue otherwise this thread is on a public forum and we may as well tell every thieving scumbag how to nick our cars.

A guide to delocking here under guides
http://www.leoncupra.co.uk/

Remember if you remove the door lock though the only way in (if your keyfob battery goes) is in through the boot.

NOTE - if you remove the door card I also recommend insulating the wires that go to the lock with insulation tape for 250mm down each wire from the lock end.....don't ask just do it ;)

steveshady

Back to Deezley Weezly!
Mar 15, 2004
Exeter
Well I pick it up in a few hours time.
I rang them yesterday and they've fitted new brakepads all round (I'm guessing the big boys on the front are costly, so thats a relief!).

I've never known a dealership to sell a good looking car that cheap, then lick your a*se with service.

When I bought my Passat, the garage (Exeter Weasels), didn't do half the stuff they said they woud do (i.e. full service, fix the scratch on the door) and when the MAF needed doing they fitted a dodgy one (or just wirebrushed the old one probably said the guys at Revo in Plymouth!) and half way home my car went in to serious limp mode, I'm talking Invalid Carriage speed!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members