HELP... which mp3 head unit????

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
hi there!

im toying with the idea of getting a mp3 player head unit that you can use a usb flash stick with or even connect my walkman w810i mob with (via a 3.5mm jack plug)... obviously i want it to play CDs as well!

i found these on CAD...

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/index.php?cPath=2071

i like this one as its well priced i think and it comes with a 2G flash stick... http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=5118

what do you lot think? i think £150 is the most i want to spend really, is there a better Head unit in that list for £150? and also can i connect my mob to it via a 3.5mm jack?

lastly i want a black (not silver!) head unit that lights up in red to match my dash!

im 90% sure i wont be changing any speakers, head unit only! so therefore want a good head unit that will make the standard speakers sound slightly better too! :)

as i have read that by simply upgrading the standard SEAT CD head unit your speakers sound quality will improve!

and i actually think the standard set up isnt that bad! (hence why iv kept it for 1.5 years! lol)

thanks again!

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
To be honest, I am not a big fan of Kenwood stuff, and while £150 is cheap, that makes the head unit quite a cheapy one.... do you have to have a USB input...??

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Spanky said:
To be honest, I am not a big fan of Kenwood stuff, and while £150 is cheap, that makes the head unit quite a cheapy one.... do you have to have a USB input...??

yes i really want usb input and preferably a 3.5mm jack to connect my w810i!

that way i can avoid using CDs! :)

pete... i put it here because i didnt get any quick responce, where as here i have! (i never knew we had an ICE section until yesterday, and therfore i assume others dont know either!)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
lol thanks but i have just bought a new HU today! :doh:

i bought a half decent kenwood usb mp3 one from CAD. :yes:

b_kdcw534ua.jpg

kenwoodusb.gif

it will be the first kenwood product i have ever bought!

always gone for pioneer head units, i also had a good JVC one once too.

but this kenwood was the best one for wat i wanted and in my budget! :)

davebnly

I LOVE BOOST!
Aug 27, 2006
Lancashire
does that 1 take cds? or is it just via a USB stick?
can't do with them things if its no cd, runs out of music 2 easily unless you have a huge memory stick

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Can you not get reasonably small Iomega 40gb hard drives to plug into that HU?

Not sure what the price of them is, but worth investigating no doubt.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
lol yes it plays CDs... The KDC-W534UA will also play back your MP3 and WMA music files via CD-R and CD-RW discs, and can even handle the AAC files you've created in iTunes.

i love usb flash sticks lol... got enough memmory already, have a 2GB, 512mb, 256mb and now a 128mb one! :lol:

il just be burning my fave classic tunes to CDs and then use USB for new tunes etc :yes:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
olaf said:
Can you not get reasonably small Iomega 40gb hard drives to plug into that HU?

Not sure what the price of them is, but worth investigating no doubt.

indeed.... if i wanted i could buy an external USB hard drive (eg. for laptops) and use that as a huge storage for songs! :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise