Show Us Your Head Unit.....

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
I changed my silver centre fascia back to the original black today and my HU looks out of place so i think i may need to change it for a black unit. Are there any nice HU's with a red lit display that can match the rest of the interior lighting. Needs to be MP3 compatible and upto £250ish.....

Just a post to ask if you have any pics of your HU to post them up to give me an idea on what to go for. Many thanks:)

100_2571-2.jpg

Last edited:

gazjones

Photo-0068.jpg

i know its got a grey outline but that could be changed anmd can have nearly any colour back ground on it almost identical to my red lights in side the car and not to silver bit of both really, black and silver!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Gaz can you resize your picture buddy.

Right click on original pic, open with, then paint, then image on the tool bar, then stretch/skew and around 35%/ 35% to get it to fit in the thread neatly

gazjones

there you go mate sorry about that just pulled it frmo another thread forgot how big it was!

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
Mitchy said:
Looks good, can it be set to illuminate red?

Yeah, you can, there are a few colours you can pick. It is set to red at the moment, but you can't see the light with the sun. I'll take one in my garage if you like, so you can see it lit up...??

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
DSC00186-1.jpg

Mine, not the best picture but only one i have at the moment, its a Panasonic Touchscreen HU, multi colour but i keep it on Seat red... as you can see I keep with the red theme everywhere else too... lol

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
slick said:
DSC00186-1.jpg

Mine, not the best picture but only one i have at the moment, its a Panasonic Touchscreen HU, multi colour but i keep it on Seat red... as you can see I keep with the red theme everywhere else too... lol

What model is it, and how much roughly?

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Well its a Panasonic CQ-HX2083 if i remember correctly.... and at the time it was about £350ish but i got it for £150 as i was working in an ICE shop as a fitting back then...

Its been did continued if i remember correctly, but you may found a few companys have spare ones left....? Either that you can get the CQ-HX1083, which is the same spec expect the display is more basic and doesnt have the dot matrix that the 2083 has....

Andi

Back in Black
Mar 5, 2006
Inverness
Tread been done like this before i think, any way heres mine.

101_0308.jpg

Touch screen plays dvd mp3 and i have Freeview on it to.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members