Finally waxed my cars

Steve_B

Stacy mmmm.......
May 6, 2005
West Yorkshire
Spent all weekend washing and waxing the cars. The neighbours must now think I'm mad, I have 2 tired arms and backache but the results are worth it :D

Leon%20Side.jpg

Leon%20Front.jpg

Leon%20Front-Left.jpg

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
...and being black they'll look dirty again in about 5 minutes :D

Both cars looking good, what products did you use on them? IMHO, they'd look even better with something on the tyres, as well.

Steve_B

Stacy mmmm.......
May 6, 2005
West Yorkshire
I used Zymol auto bathe to wash, HD-Cleanse pre wax and then titanium wax to finish.

I have to agree about black looking dirty quickly. I can't think of a colour that looks better when it's clean. At least with decent wax if it looks dirty all you need to do is spray it with water and it's clean again.

Going to have to look at the tyres at some point, I'm generally too tired after washing then waxing the cars to think of anything other than a beer :D

bushybeaver

V Power Love Machine
May 14, 2005
Mid Devon
Looking good there Steve, you did all that by hand no pc, wooo your hands musted be freaked, just doing one car takes me all day then im knacked!!!

Steve_B

Stacy mmmm.......
May 6, 2005
West Yorkshire
I've not got a PC yet, but guess what I'll be asking Santa for this year :D Yesterday I did the Leon and today it was the Saab, both only took around 5 hours start to finish. The Saabs' a company car so it won't be getting this treatment every week, but the Leon can expect similar for the next few weeks to try and build up the wax layers ready for winter.

My hands are OK it's my back, arms and legs that are aching. I went to the gym yesterday and today as well so the bits that aren't aching from washing the cars are aching from that :cry:

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
Wow Zymol Titanium on two cars, your dedicated.

Do you do the whole "apply by hand" thing or use an aplicator?

I really want to try some Zymol but just can't bring myself to spend that much money.

Steve_B

Stacy mmmm.......
May 6, 2005
West Yorkshire
Thanks for the comments Iain, it's nice when someone who does this professionally gives nice comments :D

AR-CoolC, Yep I did the whole apply by hand thing, the neighbours thought I was mad washing the cars every weekend, now they've seen me rubbing stuff into my cars, I'm expecting the men in white suits to knock at the door :D The only problem with the apply by hand method is that you can't get the wax off for a good few washes, even using fairy liquid and a scrubbing brush, so the water beads on your hands!!

The titianium is pricey but I'm still using the same tub from last year, and from the amount I used to do 2 cars there's still at least another couple of waxings left. I'll have got around 50 waxings out of the tub which makes it just over £1 a wax, which is better value than the turtle wax type stuff from Halfrauds.

Knigh

Jul 9, 2005
W Sussex
A pretty wicked shine on both. Like you my neighbours (and the wife for that matter) think I'm bonkers.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
looks superb mate, that what I call dedication to do two black cars in two days :D

My neighbours think the same about me, keep asking me if I am ok if I not washed the car for over a week...

Knigh

Jul 9, 2005
W Sussex
jonjay said:
looks superb mate, that what I call dedication to do two black cars in two days :D

My neighbours think the same about me, keep asking me if I am ok if I not washed the car for over a week...

Same here - what not washed the car this week?

bushybeaver

V Power Love Machine
May 14, 2005
Mid Devon
When they say that to me, I simply reply its the only car on this street thats worth cleaning every week unlike your pile of ****[B)]

Knigh

Jul 9, 2005
W Sussex
bushybeaver said:
When they say that to me, I simply reply its the only car on this street thats worth cleaning every week unlike your pile of ****[B)]

Good answer - but I can't quite say that one of my neighbours has a Skyline that has been tweaked a wee bit.

Knigh

Jul 9, 2005
W Sussex
Think he is running around 500 bhp plus. Took me out a couple of weekends back and the car launched itself from 70 to silly in about 5 seconds.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.