Why is a Cupra road tax £190 a year?

brad_cupra05

181 bhp 233lbft poor lol
Mar 24, 2005
basingstoke, Hampshre
i renewed my tax the other day couldnt believe how much it was and wots worse is that they go and waste it all on stupid little speedbumps etc which are totally uneccessary

browno

Jun 27, 2006
Well, I finally agot around to using the tax disc I bought (in Feb) for my 205 GTi track car today... to move it ready to do some MOT repairs, so had to move it before declaring SORN....
What a bargain - £96.25 in tax and £150 in insurance for a total of 3 miles in 6 months... Really must find the time to get out and use it properly...

Last edited:

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
I just got mine but could only afford the 6 months :'( ROBBIN GITS!!

does things like remaps etc change road tax? surely they wont know unless the insurance companys tell em?

andycupra

status subject to change
robbing *******s,but an rx7 twin turbo they have cheap tax as there a 1.3..............with 300 bhp

yes that's always been a joke, - due to the combustion chamber being a squashed egg shape and they measure the capacity across the width rather than the length.
Its also a less efficient process so the emissions are not great.

over-rated car not fun to drive in my experience. but can be got for silly cheap money, drive it till it needs fixing and scrap it. (if you can afford the petrol in the mean time)

andycupra

status subject to change
and if anyone is robbing *******s its anyone driving a diesel. another Gordon 'idiot' Brown push for diesels based solely on carbon dioxide with no consideration for all the other crap that diesels give out.

Paris and another 4 major cities are planning to ban all Diesel vehicles in 2 years time! - imagine if London did the same..

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I'd happily pay Cupra RFL costs, my 2litre Honda is £485 a year due to it's emission rating, fortunately our 1.4 Fr is only £20, a bit of help I suppose.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members