Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
Hello

Since ive had the remap my manifold bolts keep trying to jump out :(

It seems im tighening them up every week or so now :confused:

I tried some threadlock type stuff from halfolds and that was all good for a month or so then the same thing happened :( Not sure if i used the proper heavy duty heat resistant threadlock though :shrug:

Has anyone else had this problem ? If so what have you done ?
If i can find some heavy duty threadlock will this work ?

cheers people :D

ibiza-cupra

May 6, 2006
castleford
got mine from ford for the ecsort,same thread as anything else so should be good.Ask for exhaust manifold nuts.If its the bolts coming out with the nuts then make sure there in far enough.

Ninja

Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
cool cheers for the reply mate.. its just the 3 bolts on top of the manifold next to the turbo.. They just keep unscrewing themselves.. I tighten them up as much as i can with an adjustable spanner :confused:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
why are you using an adjustable spanner?!

Use a proper socket & do it up tight - sounds like you'll not get enough grip on it

Ninja

Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
sorry i have used a proper socket before and its exactly the same.. Only using the spanner at the moment cos ive got that in the glove box.. Took all the sockets out when i took the bumper off! :)

Ninja

Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
Icecavern said:
Seconded, an adjustable spanner is the wrong thing to tighten up bolts with. If you need help give me a shout and pop round, I'm in Woodley.

cheers mate i live in woodley :)

Will try the sockets again tomorrow and see if it helps.. Think ive got a real long bar for it somewhere :)

Last edited:

Ninja

Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
cool cheers matey.. Yeah thats what i meant.. You can see 2 of the bolts at the bottom of this pic!

P1010076-vi.jpg

Will call seat monday and try to get some more :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members