LCR Gone......

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
Not had my Leon Cupra R for long, but a job change (increased mileage) forced its early departure. I now have a MG ZT CDTi....

100_0411Medium.jpg

...its a cracking motor, it really is, its basically a BMW, I feel all grown up :lol:

I will still hang around on here every now and then, as I have some mates on here.... so you're not off the hook that easily ;)

One last point, Westly Motor Company in Acocks Green, Birmingham will be putting up for sale a 2003 Seat Leon Cupra R in Ovni Yellow with 30K miles for £9995 very soon, thats my old one.... I can vouch that is an awesome motor with no faults at all with full service history.

Last edited:

Tallpaul

Jul 2, 2005
Spanky said:
its basically a BMW

Alas that ain't really true. They're not even as good as they used to be. MG had to start cutting costs big time not long after they released these cars so some of the quality components they were designed to have (eg fancy shocks) aren't used.

Has it still got the orange lit digital clock (think yours may have a nice analogue one)?

Brucel

Apr 29, 2005
Sheffield
Well it is a shame that you had to get rid of the LCR, I am assuming due to excesive mileage?

Looks alright although I wouldn't want to own one..... although saying that I would rather own that that a BMW with the running costs..... (Controversial you say) :lol :)

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
Lentäjä said:
You say that is a BMW...no way...you need to wake up mate.
I dont think theres a single part from BMW in that MG.

Are you off your head...??

It was built while under BMW ownership and has the 2.0 BMW Common Rail diesel engine and many parts with the BMW logo... you need to wake up lad !!

From these posts you people have no idea.... go and have a look at the new ones..... you'd be suprised !!!

NeilW

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2004
Yorkshire!!!
That's a sweet looking Rover 75 you've got there Spanky. :p

BMW engine is supposed to be great. Gets rave reviews in the press. A friend has got a ZS in the same colour. Much nicer than the chavvy ZRs.

By the way, my car has loads of Audi parts in it. Does that mean it's an Audi? :D

Brucel

Apr 29, 2005
Sheffield
NeilW said:
That's a sweet looking Rover 75 you've got there Spanky. :p

BMW engine is supposed to be great. Gets rave reviews in the press. A friend has got a ZS in the same colour. Much nicer than the chavvy ZRs.

By the way, my car has loads of Audi parts in it. Does that mean it's an Audi? :D

Does that mean mine is an Audi to....?

Boo they are so common! hehehe

Chill Spanky. :)

TurboBanana

Indeed...

"The engine is a rather sweet BMW-sourced 2.0-litre common-rail powerplant which many illustrious manufacturers would covet"

Although some will still perceive a diesel MG as something of a cuckoo in the nest, anybody who has sampled the car will attest to its inherent rightness. The hulking MG ZT chassis feels suited to a gutsy diesel engine and the BMW-sourced common rail engine feels up to the job. The ZT CDTi 135 is a car that feels greater than the sum of its parts and a very endearing advertisement for the talents of MGs product planners.

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/car-reviews/car-and-driving/mg-zt-cdti-135-range-1003641.html

LIKE these myself...and NOW they're the RIGHT price...so we're not playing around anymore...

I'll be keeping the LEON myself...but those V8 beggars look like a nice handful, or it it a handful of cash you need to run the thing? :(

Tallpaul

Jul 2, 2005
NeilW said:

Apparantly so ;)

I'm not caning the MG Z range. My bro had an MG ZS 2.5 V6, it was one of the early ones and was an absolute hoot to drive with a great soundtrack. Just a shame it had things like the same digital clock as my 1990 Rover Metro i drove at uni :p

Of course the Diesel lump is good, but then look at things like the panel gap between the wing/bonnet and front bumpers and you know it isn't the real deal.

Accept it for what it is and drive it.

Tallpaul

Jul 2, 2005
TurboBanana said:
but those V8 beggars look like a nice handful, or it it a handful of cash you need to run the thing? :(

Yup, they do look monster. Not sure they were always built to their intended spec though ie fancy multilink rear suspension with eibach springs and dampers. I know bits got changed to inferior suppliers as MG looked to cut costs.

TurboBanana

Was always under the impression that th MG ZT was rear wheel drive too, but apparently thats just the 260 (V8) thingy....

Lentäjä

Jan 19, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Are you off your head...??

It was built while under BMW ownership and has the 2.0 BMW Common Rail diesel engine and many parts with the BMW logo... you need to wake up lad !!

From these posts you people have no idea.... go and have a look at the new ones..... you'd be suprised !!!

Yeah, BMW did own the factory, but they did not design or build that car...
What i know that car is based on Rover 75 which were desinged way before BMW ownership.
Why do you think BMW sold the place and kept only Mini?
Mini is BMW desinged and build and you can feel it by the quality.

Do you think that new Dodge Caliber Diesel is basicly VW coz it has VW TDi engine?

Well, you can think and boost your selfconfident by saying its a BMW...:doh:

I dont drive Audi...i drive Seat.;)

ice maiden

the Z range are great cars, although the do tend to squeak and rattle a lot.....
personally I wouldnt want a ZT as they are a bit like a hulking great armchair inside, but if you do loads of mileage they are a good work horse.....

be prepared for everyone to take the pee mate, but hold your head high....

I might own a Seat now.....but my ZR and ZS will always hold a big place in my heart!! they have character that the seat will never have

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
the Z range are great cars, although the do tend to squeak and rattle a lot.....
personally I wouldnt want a ZT as they are a bit like a hulking great armchair inside, but if you do loads of mileage they are a good work horse.....

be prepared for everyone to take the pee mate, but hold your head high....

I might own a Seat now.....but my ZR and ZS will always hold a big place in my heart!! they have character that the seat will never have

I thought they would too.... but all the ones I test drove had no squeaks or rattles at all (apart from the leather seats) especially coming from a LCR my new car is like a library !!

I'm not bothered about 'pee' taking, its when people blatently stereotype a car from the 80's and think thats how they are now - uneducated if you ask me.

Its like me taking the pee out of SEAT's comparing them to the old Ibiza's with 'System Porsche' stickers on... :cartman:

Come on guys, if you gonna come out with comments, make sure they're true !!

Brucel

Apr 29, 2005
Sheffield
Now thats a true thing my LCR sqeaks and rattles all over the place...

Something to do with the Anti Role Bars.... Poor thing.... :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.