low boost, vag-com fault codes anyone help??

cuprahoggy

hi i recently swapped my ecu for a remapped one and couldnt believe the differnce it gave in power. but on my way home from my girlfriends the other night the power from the turbo just wasnt there. hooked it up to vag0com today and these faults came up.

17956 - Boost Pressure Regulation Valve (N75): Open Circuit
P1548 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
17526 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating: B1 S2: Open Circuit
P1118 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
16496 - Intake Air Temp. Sensor (G42): Signal too Low
P0112 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
18010 - Power Supply Terminal 30: Voltage too Low
P602 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
17536 Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Mult): System too Lean
P1128 - 35-00 - -
17658 - Fuel Level too Low
P1250 - 35-00 - -

:(

If anyone can shed some light that would be great, thanks

cuprahoggy

ive checked all the fuses where the vag-com port is inside the cockpit and they all seem fine. could this be a faulty maf sensor? if so where is this? thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Ibiza Cupra

The MAF is the bit of plastic which your airbox connects to with a kinda plug coming out of it. Do a search and you'll get a pic.

Dats quite a few fault codes!!

The first one would indicate a split vacuum hose or summit not connect properly. Mite be one stupid little thing. Check all hoses.

Thats about the only advice i can give other than to do a search in the VAG COM section for your fault codes.

cuprahoggy

need to get it hooked up to vag com, have noticed the engine warning light has now come on and also the motor which cools the turbo down after turning the car off doesnt seem to be running? getting a bit worried now!!

cuprahoggy

cleared the faults and was all good, boosting properly again for about a day and now back to slow mode again! lol will av to hook it up to vag-com again tommorow and see what comes up

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
I dont want to say 'Its this' and then get it wrong but i will give advice to the best of my knowledge

I have just had a new ECU as mine broke and was getting all sorts of fault codes coming up! A couple of the ones i was getting are the same as you are getting

Have you looked at the fault code list that m0rk put up in the VAG COM & Diagnostics Section?

Where did you get the ECU from?

cuprahoggy

im not sure as i hadnt got access to vag-com then, it did seem more sluggish than it should have before i got the remapped ecu so it could have possibly already had faults to b honest

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
im not sure as i hadnt got access to vag-com then, it did seem more sluggish than it should have before i got the remapped ecu so it could have possibly already had faults to b honest

Yeah more than likely!

Although you are driving with a remap now so may be hard to tell?

Have you reset your battery at all?

cuprahoggy

no i mite try doing that later, should that take it out of limp mode if its is infact in limp mode?

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
no i mite try doing that later, should that take it out of limp mode if its is infact in limp mode?

It will just reset your ECU! Clearing all the faults and putting everything back to normal so yeah it should take it out of limp mode

If the faults are there, they will come back even after doing that

Make sure you do a Throttle Body Alignment too after doing the battery

Oh and IIRC it will go out of limp mode each time you turn the car off

Dont quote me on everything here, i am just going by things i have learnt since having such problems myself! I would hate to see someone spend money like i have doing things that may not need doing before you know whats wrong, you know?

cuprahoggy

yeh thanks very much for your help just hope its not gonna be anything to pricey! lol. thanks, steve

Ibiza Cupra

When i reset the battery it didn't reset the ECU. Left it off for a good 5 mins!!! Reset everything but the fault codes.

When you say reallign the throttle body???? Wot do you mean. i don't think i've ever done this.

Mine is feeling a bit sluggish. last nite i had trouble going past my mate in a lupo gti. normally i'd fly past. Dunno wots wrong with it!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members