Lack of cupra r 210's for sale?!?

Chris*B

after reading threads about both the 225 and 210 endlessly on here i think i've come to the decision that the 210 is better value for money....agree? also, i cant actually find any 210's for sale on autotrader.....am i being blind/thick:shrug:? i know there a few differences between the 2 cars but do any of them make any difference to everyday driving?

Cheers guys:D

Chris*B

i've opened my eyes and have seen some of them now lol.

Basically i've got 11k to spend on a car and the cupra r is the one that stands out but there arent many 225's for that price but on the flip side there arent many low mileage 210's either :(

paulsnewcuprar

Apr 8, 2006

Basically i've got 11k to spend on a car and the cupra r is the one that stands out but there arent many 225's for that price but on the flip side there arent many low mileage 210's either :(

Shame that you have not got a bit more to spend mate as i have just put my car up for sale.It's a '54 plate 225 with 13,000 miles,and i would take around £12,500 with the standard wheels back on it.It has already had a Custom Code Remap,Green Filter and Forge Diverter Valve fitted,plus a set of Eibach Springs(so nearly £1000 worth of extras)and it's mint!!

Gnollins

Bosh!
Jul 24, 2006
Yarnton, Oxfordshire

I was searching for 6 weeks mate, finally got a 03-reg 210 with 26,000 miles for £11.4K, from an independent dealer.

Private sale might be the way to go.

Chris*B

how come ur sellin urs so cheap then paul? unfortuanately, i cnt go to that price :( looks like im just in for a long wait

over55

I wouldn't be too concerned about low mileage, provided there is full service history the higher mileage car with all the known problems sorted (coils, fans, water pump, etc) might prove the better buy.
210 LCRs will be over three years old and presumably out of warranty so low mileage might mean future expense.
Cheers.

Chris*B

yea i spose, never really thought of it like that. after looking around there are some good deals to be had on 225's, i don't like the sound of the weaker internals though! how much more bhp can the 225 take before you need to start thinking about uprating parts?

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
It is unknown to be honest.

The 210 ''supposedly'' has stronger rods that will need to be changed when going beyond 340-350bhp power levels. However i dont think a 210 LCR AMK engine has been stripped down yet to see if they actually do have the stronger rods :shrug:

No one has ever confirmed this so as of yet it is unknown!

As to the 225 engine conrod limits, well its obviously going to be lower than the 210 AMK if it has the weaker rods, by how much i dont know:shrug:

There's only a 1mm difference in pin size if there is a difference!

Pistons are good on both engines for silly power 500+bhp

Are you going to tune the car so its beyond 300hp? Ie a bigger turbo? If not then dont worry about the strength of the engine.

The normal remap route will only yield around 265-270bhp so well within limits of the 210 and 225 rods?

Last edited:

Chris*B

nah mate, just going to be short of 300bhp with any luck so basically it makes no difference whether i get a 225 or 210....just gotta keep my eye open for a good deal :D

paulsnewcuprar

Apr 8, 2006
how come ur sellin urs so cheap then paul? unfortuanately, i cnt go to that price :( looks like im just in for a long wait

I can make it more if you want:D

Seriously though,i love the car,but a new project beckons.
The way i see it,if you intend doing the remap etc on a 210 anyway,and paying 11k for it that makes it 11.5k,so for an extra grand you get a car 18 months newer than the last 210 sold,that still has over 1 year left to run on the warranty and breakdown cover(more extra costs on a 210)and that is lower mileage than just about any 210(and a lot of 225's)that would be available for your budget.

Also,i would think if you did find a 225 for 11k it would probably have done 40k+....................admittedly not a lot on a modern engine,but once they have been through 2,3+ owners,how have they been looked after by each owner???

Would you like some pictures............................it's just had another full valet today(it's that time of the month)!!:D !!:D !!:D !!:D !!

LCR mat

LCR Eater
Apr 4, 2004
merthyr Tydfil
It is unknown to be honest.

The 210 ''supposedly'' has stronger rods that will need to be changed when going beyond 340-350bhp power levels. However i dont think a 210 LCR AMK engine has been stripped down yet to see if they actually do have the stronger rods :shrug:

No one has ever confirmed this so as of yet it is unknown!

As to the 225 engine conrod limits, well its obviously going to be lower than the 210 AMK if it has the weaker rods, by how much i dont know:shrug:

There's only a 1mm difference in pin size if there is a difference!

Pistons are good on both engines for silly power 500+bhp

Are you going to tune the car so its beyond 300hp? Ie a bigger turbo? If not then dont worry about the strength of the engine.

The normal remap route will only yield around 265-270bhp so well within limits of the 210 and 225 rods?

WHen I spoke to jabba a while ago they told me that only the very early AMK engines had the stronger internals(all in the S3) Later AMK's have the same as BAM. Also (cant remember if it was jabba who told me this but i think it was, the stronger engines not only have the 1mm advantage but the rods are made through a different process(one set is cast the other forged)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members