Indicators Flash Fast! owt to worry about?

didsi

I Want an LCR!
Aug 25, 2006
Its only happened twice since i got the car about 2 months ago but it worries me!!

i was driving and indicating to change lanes and the indicator light on dash and noise was really fast (couldnt see if the lights were any faster) i turned them off and they have been fine since. But it happened again today while sat at traffic lights, i turned them of and on and they are fine. Is this owt to worry about?

Also does putting a subwoofer in void the waranty! just incase i need to take it to garage to fix lights

thanx

didsi

I Want an LCR!
Aug 25, 2006
how come it only does it now and again? cud it be a loose connection with bulb rarther than bulb out

Brucel

Apr 29, 2005
Sheffield
It could definitely be a loose connection or a bulb that is not quite fitted properly?

When it next does it stop and take a look round and see which bulb is not flashing that should get you started on the diagnostic trail... :) good luck in finding the problem.

BEOWULF

I am BEOWULF !!!
Mar 18, 2006
I AM IN FRONT OF YOU
what i would do is stick ya a hazards on to c if u can c which one is not working or if that fails replace them all like u say if it does it now and again u have 6 to chose from
and for how much they cost u mights as well replace them all

Gaz-04

May 29, 2004
East Midlands
Brucel, Had this myself over the weekend. Front nearside bulb not flashing, I intailly thought blown bulb. Once id managed to take it out I tested it with DMM, bulb not blown so reconnected it to wiring harness and tried it again worked ok:shrug: Assume it must just have been i dodgy connection within the plug coupler. Not a bad job to do just need small hands to reach in the gap to extract bulb holder.

Hope this helps

TheOtherSimon

Jul 12, 2004
If the indicators flash at double speed - then that signifies a blown bulb.

If they flash REALLY fast then your indicator relay is on the way out. It's actually fitted inside the switch in the dashboard, and die frequently. VW did a recall in the US, but not over here.

You need a 1M0 941 509 B from a Seat delaer - abut £35. Or you can buy the same part from VW (1J0 953 235 J) for £25.

Simon.

didsi

I Want an LCR!
Aug 25, 2006
thanx all, that has put my mind at rest! i thort it was gunna be summat major :D

willcooke

Brrrummmm
May 31, 2005
Beds
It's a common fault, the springy metal at the bottom of the bulb holder get less springy over time. You could either buy a new bulb holder to stop it happening, or do what I did, and just prise the springy bits up so the push back against the bulb more and make a better connection.

didsi

I Want an LCR!
Aug 25, 2006
Thanx for the advice, it happened again after i left work and stayed flashing fast so i got out and the front right indicator wasnt working, i went to halfords and got a new bulb and now it works fine. thanx all

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise