Just about to purchase LCR...

neilmac

Just starting to tweak...
Jul 12, 2006
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone on here can tell me what I need to make sure I get with the car as Im buying private?

I assume theres only one flip key and the other will just get access to the car and not have the immobiliser thingy in?

Codes for the stereo ?

Warranty documentation?

Service book?

anything else guys?

all help appreciated.

Ta.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone on here can tell me what I need to make sure I get with the car as Im buying private?

I assume theres only one flip key and the other will just get access to the car and not have the immobiliser thingy in?

Codes for the stereo ?

Warranty documentation?

Service book?

anything else guys?

all help appreciated.

Ta.

Always good to check the spare wheel, ie There is one !

paulsnewcuprar

Apr 8, 2006
If it's the 225LCR then documents relating to the satellite tracking device fitted (if it's still active)

Although,the later ones never had it fitted as standard did they???

I know mine has not got it,and they said at County Garage that they deleted it as standard equipment on the later cars like mine...................................which incidently is For Sale:D

neilmac

Jul 12, 2006
Although,the later ones never had it fitted as standard did they???

I know mine has not got it,and they said at County Garage that they deleted it as standard equipment on the later cars like mine...................................which incidently is For Sale:D

Its a '55 plate and I dont believe it has one.

Brucel

Apr 29, 2005
Sheffield
Mine came with Tracker, think it was 53 and 04 that came standard. Although if it was a foreign import at birth it won't have it what ever age...

Try and get any bills/invoices you can as well...

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Check the spare wheel as the owner may have taken it out (there worth about £250) or just bunged a steel in, the LCr came with a full size alloy. Dont forget the tools either

Brucel

Apr 29, 2005
Sheffield
Make sure it is a full size 18 as nothing else will fit over the Brembo's so you will be stuck if they have put something else in there.

neilmac

Jul 12, 2006

neilmac

Jul 12, 2006
Anymore for anymore?

Just wondering what level of documentation there is for the SEAT warranty - or is it all stored on some database somwhere and hence paperless?

neilmac

Jul 12, 2006
Dealers should have (so I am told) a history of what has been done to the car, warranty claims etc, whether this is available to the public :shrug:

So long as it's a UK car it has 3 years 60k mile warranty (Imports have 2 years)

Ta mate - well its worth a try - they can only tell me to get lost.