suspension top mount

cupboy

Sep 14, 2005
i have a prob with my steering after lowering my car on sat....i was wondering the top strut mount has 3 bolts triangle shape, if that is put back wrong if possible this would trought the cambeer bout, which is what has happened on my o/s/f wheel. the left is fine.....so i am am think it might put the strut at a slight angle.

any other thoughts

my steering is off... i have to hold the steering wheel slight ly to the left to go striaght...and o/s/f wheel camber is off

cupboy

Sep 14, 2005
so there is only one way of refitting the top mount...it only dropped 30mm...if tht...

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
the top mount will sit centrally regardless

by undoing the strut bolts on teh hub you said good bye to your alignment

cupboy

Sep 14, 2005
so let me get this straight no matter wht i do not need to refit the strut mout touch the anything in anyway, all i need to do is take to a decent tyre place and get wheel alighnment done

TimD

Jun 8, 2005
You will need camber adjusting, so make sure they can do that.

Not just tracking :)

cupboy

Sep 14, 2005
also there no way my steering could have been hit and jumped a tooth is there??

Jammy

Jan 24, 2004
If you take the strut off and put it back on, I cant see why you'd need need the tracking redone. If you lower it, then defo.

You cant change the camber however without some after market parts though, can you? I'm sure you cant on the 1.4 setup.

JAmes

cupboy

Sep 14, 2005
jus weird why the steering went on it... wht happens if one camber is out??

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
that's the ball joint

the big you need to adjust is undone by 2 big bolts at the bottom of the strut

Jammy

Jan 24, 2004
I mean the bolts on the right hand side. they are the only thing that i can see which is adjustable which would allow the camber to be changed.

JAmes

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.