Miltek or Powerflow?!?

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
Just been nosing about the tinterweb and came across powerflow exhausts. reading the technical info and looking at the data (shown below) it sounds like they are much better than Miltek. Can anybody confirm this?? The figures below are taken from REVS magazine on a Saxo VTR.

Brand 'Cat' Removed Power Gain+/Loss- Torque Gain+/Loss-

Powerflow NO +4.4bhp +1.4 ft/lb
Ashley YES +4.4bhp +1.2 ft/lb
Magnex NO +3.2bhp -1.4 ft/lb
Scorpion YES +3.2bhp -0.4 ft/lb
Janspeed NO +2.9bhp -0.5 ft/lb
Devil YES +2.9bhp -0.5 ft/lb
Milltec NO +2.7bhp +1.9 ft/lb
Mongoose NO -1.4bhp +0.3 ft/lb

TimD

Jun 8, 2005
Powerflow or "noflow" if your in my circle of friends produce crap the majority of the time.

Here is a photo of my old stainless steel powerflow exhaust after 18 months of it being on a car..

http://www.meinhost.net/newgallery/main.php?g2_itemId=3666

http://www.meinhost.net/newgallery/main.php?g2_itemId=3669

It also blew from every joint, and the bends were cack.

Don't let some pipe bender monkey custom build your exhaust, they can't do mandrel bends which is what you get and what you want from an exhaust, other off the shelf branded exhausts come mandrel bent, and also have alot of testing put into them.

You pays your money, you take you choice at the end of the day but i would go for miltek or blueflame if i was you.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
sorry to tell you his...but a saxo vtr doesnt have a 1.8T
so those figures are completely useless

aswell as the fact that in the useless figure it says the milltek gives the biggest torque increase......i would urge you to read nothing into it at all

Ibiza Cupra

I really wouldn't. My mate has had one on his focus. Biggest peice of sh*t i've ever seen.

Another mate spent £400 on a cat back for his ITR. Worst fit, rattles, sounds sh*t, Looks gash, Welding is terrible. rivets also come out. He took it back about 4 times and in the end took it off.

Ibiza Cupra

I would look at jetex as well. meant to be fairly good. Scorpion and Supersprint are popular.

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
Yea il have to have a look about but also im guessing it all balls down to the fitter! experience of welding and the condition of the metal etc. Im guessing the Miltek pipes, scorpion and so on are bought and you just fit them? I might need a custom build as my cars soo slow the exhaust is banging on the beam rattling like fek!

pilsbury

i've got a powerfolw on our cupra, and to be honest it's cack, as said above, it blows like a soho hooker, sounds like a dog being sick and is rusty as fook, i've got a mate who has just opened a powerflow centre near me and am considering getting him to redo it (the one on there was on the car when we brought it) though the sensible side of me is saying sod it, buy a blueflame or similar...

Ibiza Cupra

Well i'd do the sensible thing!!! Don't wanna fall out wit mates do you. But tbh depending on how low urs is it may still knock....

May 2, 2006
My vote is with Miltek or blueflame,
more towards the miltek though as i like them,
good exhausts, not too loud of a drone on the motorway, quiet while pottering about, loud when you floor it, decent performance gains, what more do you want?

May 2, 2006
Yea il have to have a look about but also im guessing it all balls down to the fitter! experience of welding and the condition of the metal etc. Im guessing the Miltek pipes, scorpion and so on are bought and you just fit them? I might need a custom build as my cars soo slow the exhaust is banging on the beam rattling like fek!

why dont you adjust the suspension so you dont get any rattle? as people have said, your car sits too low imo

beezaturbo

May 9, 2006
Staffordshire
not much info regarding the overall performance gains, but i did have a powerflow exhaust on my megane coupe for 3 1/2 years and never once had a single problem. but i have however heard loads of bad feedback from other powerflow dealers but the one in stafford that i used has donr laods of mates cars and they have all siad the same how good he is.

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Ive a scorpion on mine & it sounds fantastic. Its louder than Miltek ones but really depends on what sort of sound u like

May 2, 2006
Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek Miltek

I think he might be trying to say something!:lol:

Jetex?:confused:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.