ECU Swap Confirmation

jonesya3

Dec 28, 2005
Liverpool
hope not mines one of there cars your swapping ;) :D

does my car need to be set up with an sps3 as well after its installed

TimD

Jun 8, 2005
You mean disconnect the battery to do the phyiscal swap, i would imagine you need the battery connected for vag-com to function?

I wont be swapping the ecu's out, i'll plug the laptop in and cross my fingers :D

jonesya3

Dec 28, 2005
Liverpool
cheers mork but as above he's running more mods then me on his stage 2 so im wondering would the boost and timmings need to be adjusted for my car or will they be ok ? both specs below

His spec :Supersrint race system.De-cat.KO3S Turbo.Samco Inlet.K&N Induction.4 Bar FPR.REVO Stage two.Laguna front mount

Mine:scorpion cat back, pipercross induction kit and 4barfpr

ibiza-cupra

May 6, 2006
castleford
Great big thanks to tim and his laptop for a not so smooth operation lol

Jonesya3 and mrs is currently having fun with there new found power all the way to liverpool

ibiza-cupra

May 6, 2006
castleford
infact just been out in my car to ensure all is good and i could quite honestly cry,within a couple of weeks ive dropped from 300+ to 150 bhp!!

any chance of it all back lads lol

TimD

Jun 8, 2005
Mate, i read the first few words of the above sentance and it was a drop my fork into my dinner heart sinking feeling.

Just disconnected my battery while i eat, going to nip out and do some logging, i have a feeling it wont of made a difference but we will see :)

I was so happy when it finally worked, bloody vag-com ;)

ibiza-cupra

May 6, 2006
castleford
Thanks for the kind words i feel a bit better now :)
Anyway i will look forward to my next project of the blue oval variety,hope you get somewhere with the sensors and if not well have to have a good poke around in the daylight.

TimD

Jun 8, 2005
I didn't finish my sentance off, i thourght you were gonna go on to say that it wont start or something, pmsl :D

Gonna nip out now and see whats what.

TimD

Jun 8, 2005
Not sure, other people with standard coolers are meeting/exceeding the request. Keep trying to figure it out, haha!

Annoying, especially as i don't really want to spend any more money on it. Atleast we can count out the N75 and MAF now.

jonesya3

Dec 28, 2005
Liverpool
Only just got in been out all night enjoying the extra power :p

Might need some new brakes before i do any other mods, i had afew hard runs then stopped to change drivers and the smoke/smell that was coming from them was terrible lol

But well chuffed thanks to ibiza and TimD for all there help :D

ibiza-cupra

May 6, 2006
castleford
no worries mate,i had the same feeling when i had 300+ bhp pulling toward a roundabout stupidly quick!!

theres a 312mm kit for standard calipers should fit under your wheels.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.