Fittment of wheel bearings???

Tony 156

Jul 27, 2006
Thatcham
I havnt done them on a SEAT before, but they are all reasonably similar, depending on how you get the parts, the front end on the ibiza i have been told is the whole hub assembly which makes it really easy.

Best way is to give it a go yourself and if you get to a point where you think you cant go on, put it back together and seek help. This is what i do with most things and its always been fun.

Always remember, if you havnt started bleeding when fixing a car, you havnt done it properly.

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Depends on how adventurous you are and what tools you have to hand:) . You'll need pullers to get the hub and bearing race off, and a suitable socket for the hub nut which is large, 12-sided, and done up to 130 lb-ft. A piece of scaffold pipe to extend your socket handle might also help.:D

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Well, you need a puller on a Toledo :) The inner race gets left on the stub axle and needs to be pulled off.

There should be a VW Polo manual that will give you most of what you need for the Mk.3 Ibiza, but I don't know offhand which mark of Polo you need to look for.

Last edited: