price

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
Problem with Parkers is that its a national average and we all know that if u go up to Scotland a car is much cheaper than say in Central London, also those prices dont take into acount supply and demand! lol

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
I want being funny honest! Just winds me up when dealers etc quote Parkers prices like gospel when they arent really that helpful lol!

Yeah i know what you mean! Its like i said in post # 10, its really what the person is willing to pay, how much time the seller can wait and what sort of condition the car is in

cresswell22

Aug 14, 2005
haverhill
www.putfile.com
thanks to all of you for your help i was thinking of selling because it has cost me loads lately new tyres new exhaust and now a new sensor all coming up to about £700 all with in 3 weeks just seem to be all going wrong

Last edited:

Ibiza Cupra

thanks to all of you for your help i was thinking of selling because it has cost me loads lately new tyres new exhaust and now a new sensor all coming up to about £700 all with in 3 weeks just seem to be all going wrong

Not being funny this could happen buying any used car.

Unless you are going to buy new you may not achieve anything by selling it, you'll probably end up losing more money and ending up with a car that may not be as nice.

I thought the same thing, I had to buy new tyres twice in 2 months, petrol was costing a fortune, insurance cripples me and i thought the same; i'm gonna get rid of it, but then i changed my mind and thought i aint gonna sell it unless i go bank rupt!!!!!!

cresswell22

Aug 14, 2005
haverhill
www.putfile.com
tyres i can understand but the rest of it and i no there is more to do think the maf and the sensor in a bottle and the back of the engine needs sorting service mot tax insurance i just ant got the money all in one big hit

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site

Yeah but once they are replaced it should be fine! I know what you mean and its easy to feel like that but you have to remember its four years old with 60,000 miles on it, things will go wrong!

To be fair, tyres and exhaust are pretty standard things to go really

Once its sorted you will be fine! I would just keep a spare bit of money aside in case it goes wrong again! Its a car, they break but its not worth selling it over! I have done that before to try and sort my money out and ended up with an older car that went wrong even more

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Not being funny this could happen buying any used car.

Unless you are going to buy new you may not achieve anything by selling it, you'll probably end up losing more money and ending up with a car that may not be as nice.

I thought the same thing, I had to buy new tyres twice in 2 months, petrol was costing a fortune, insurance cripples me and i thought the same; i'm gonna get rid of it, but then i changed my mind and thought i aint gonna sell it unless i go bank rupt!!!!!!

Yeah exactly! ;)

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
tyres i can understand but the rest of it and i no there is more to do think the maf and the sensor in a bottle and the back of the engine needs sorting service mot tax insurance i just ant got the money all in one big hit

I know what you mean! I have just spent £800 on mine getting it running fine (needed a new ECU amongst other things like MOT, Insurance Renewal, Tax and LOADS of labour)

The question came into my head about 'Is this worth it?' but im glad i stuck with her as it was all sorted out and i definately wont be selling her as she is mint

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
i guess you are right once it is done it is done

Your never going to get a car that doesnt break down! I mean even new ones with Warranty break (otherwise there would be no point having Warranty)

Im know you know this already but im just trying to help!

I really dont think you should sell it, i mean you havent had it long and no one will want a broken car anyway so you will end up losing even more money, you know?

ibiza-cupra

May 6, 2006
castleford
sorry to butt in but my pld girl hasnt caused a minutes bother,i have more than kept on top of maintanence which could have something to do with it.

its on ebay now and i think its a fair price @£3699