LCR mirrors - how do they fold out?

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Quick question that will be deleted soon :)

Folded them in last night using the 6'o clock position. Got in the car this morning and can I get them to fold out [:@]. Don't have the manual with me in work.

Do you just turn the knob to the right or left?. Ignition on or off?
I've had the car less than 24 hrs, please don't tell me I have a fault already :happy:

slimtater

Feb 15, 2004
Visit site
6 o'clock. Ignition on. Turn to 12 o'clock.
Make sure you turn it from 6 to 12 o'clock - the switch can be a bit funny!!

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
6 o'clock. Ignition on. Turn to 12 o'clock.
Make sure you turn it from 6 to 12 o'clock - the switch can be a bit funny!!

Erm just tried from 6 to 12 and nothing tried from left to right and right to left :( FFS!

Last edited:

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Turn ignition off, put knob in 6 O'clock position.

Turn ignition on, turn nob to 12 o'clock

If that doesn't work, try manually pulling them out (make sure nob is at 12 o'clock), you should hear a loud "crack", nothing to worry about, just the mirrors snapping back into place.

Then try turning the nob to 6 o'clock & see if the mirrors fold back in, then move to 12 o'clock, and they should move back out, and be fine from there on !!

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Chris, thanks for the advice. Folded them back out carefully. However they do not fold in automatically or out now. The mirros themselves work fine with the view adjustment.
Warranty job or easy fix?

Last edited:

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Sounds like the motor has gone then mate - quite common really (is it on one side or both?)

Sounds like a warranty job mate !!

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Sounds like the motor has gone then mate - quite common really (is it on one side or both?)

Sounds like a warranty job mate !!

both [:@]. Whats annoying is that they folded in fine and it was left overnight.

panholio

Jun 26, 2006
Leeds
Bugger mate. Could it be the switch? Unlikely both motorsa would fail overnight. Get it into the stealer.

My drivers side mirror doesn't fold in as far as the other one. Is this normal? My OCD hates the lack of symmetry! :happy:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I had this happen to my Leon Cupra, (the one i had before my present R), they stuck in, but when i drove down the road they decided to open out again. :confused:

Other than that check the fuses, thy have been known to blow on the central conveniences, like windows, mirrors, interior lights. More often than not a flakey fuse, and nothing more sinister.

(off this subject for a moment) no need to delete the thread by the way, its a valid and useful question, leave it for future reference. A pet hate of ours is people who don't search, and on the other side of the coin, the ones that get an answer then delete the thread, so no-one else will benefit from the answers or opinions. :shrug:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Cheers ZBoyd. Just didn't want to spam the forum with newb questions. I did search but could see no specific problems with both mirrors at once.

Panholio, it could be the switch but the rest of the functions work adjusting the mirror view.

As for the fuses. All the other electrics windows etc. work fine so I's assume the the fuse for the mirrors will be linked to another funtion that is working?

I'll take it to the stealers to have a look. Thanks all.

BEOWULF

I am BEOWULF !!!
Mar 18, 2006
I AM IN FRONT OF YOU
Bugger mate. Could it be the switch? Unlikely both motorsa would fail overnight. Get it into the stealer.

My drivers side mirror doesn't fold in as far as the other one. Is this normal? My OCD hates the lack of symmetry! :happy:
same with mine m8
paassger folds right in drivers stick out a bit but when they are both out they look the same

@r6_allan
get ya self down to seat and get them sorted m8
:funk:

browno

Jun 27, 2006
The switch on my R can be a little temperamental - occasionally needs a little wiggle to register that it's moved and open the mirrors out... a quick wiggle of the switch and it's fine (can you tell I also own a renault...lol!)

D20vt

Sep 17, 2006
It's probebly the switch, but you can try unpluging the car battery for a few seconds. sounds funny, but it's known to help

grtz Dennis

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Thanks for all the info, tbh as I have warranty I might as well make use of it and it's booked in tomorrow for 8am. They will also look at the dash rattle if not for another day :).

Last edited:

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
Dash rattles a whole day job. The clips at the top at the back break so they put on some replacement ones. Hope they fix yours better than they did mine. I had to take a day of work and travel the 80 mile round trip for a 'fix' that lasted about 5 minutes :censored:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Just got the car back. The dealer said they disconnected the power to the mirror motor/s? and reconnected. They are working now but they said they have still ordered me a new door control unit under warranty and sort me out next week for fitting. Top service from Arnold Clark in Liverpool. The guy on the parts desk is also very helpful. :dance:

Ooops forgot, can this be done by myself in the future or does this involve taking the car to bits?

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise