Silverstone BTCC finale 15th Oct - NO PASSES LEFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
there's always the Tesco's just off the A43 at the Towcester roundabout...... coming from the M1, turn left at the roundabout towards Towcester, and then next left about 300yrds down the road.... nice big Car Park that will probably be empty at 8am on a Sunday morning ;)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
As its the National circuit, there are fewer places to view from, certainly one of the best places to be is Luffield or Woodcote, where they come down the national straight under the bridge and into the complex, round Luffield/Woodcote and then back up the start/finish strait.

Expect the Luffield and Woodcote stands to be very busy, with some estimating a 50,000 spectator crowd, most will be trying to squeeze into the complex.

Copse is the first corner, and they often go thru there 3 abreast, its very high speed corner entry and exit, and is often where there maybe an incident or two.

The other side of the circuit is the Maggots/Becketts corner, another high speed entry, but much tighter exit.

Then its the long straight flat, National straight, which brings you back into the complex.

Last edited:

Dyna-Mikee

Sep 23, 2004
Well, I'm positively wetting myself with excitement now! :funk:

I might need to take the rest of the week off 'cos I can't concentrate. And to think that a couple of weeks back I wasn't sure about going.

No sign of my tickets from Silverstone yet, but I haven't been home for a couple of days. Maybe there's a "recorded delivery" card on the doormat.

Anyway, m0rk - as a local, any idea how long it would take to get in from Kettering? (that's where we're staying on Saturday night).

Also, is this suggestion of Tesco's car park a goer anyone?

I don't want to be late, like I was at Brands - had to park on the end of the row, outside the tape (and someone upstaged me by parking a Clio V6 next to me!) :confused:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Kettering I would say is around 30-40 miles, so about 45 mins away, allowing for traffic. You could either go the A43 route from Kettering, or head back to the M1, and go down a couple of junctions.

m0rk will know for sure though which is best. He's out this afternoon though, he'll catch up later.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I'd say you're about right there with Kettering, Z. I had to drop someone off at the station there after being at Rockingham a few years ago and was in Buckingham via Northampton and the A43 about 45 mins later. Similar distance to Silverstone I'd say.

The last time I saw a car owners forum/club parked up at Silverstone was the Honda Type-R crowd a few years ago. They were all lined up in order of colour, except for one numpty who put a black one in the middle of a load of red cars. :p

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
We've been there the past few years as a group, but they've always stuck us over near the mall though, behind the grandstand at the start/finish straight.

Were in the central area this time, so might be a bit more noticeable. But im there to watch the racing and hopefully see SEAT win, not polish my car. :D

Dyna-Mikee

Sep 23, 2004
Parking in order of colour?

Now THAT appeals to my rather anal side!!

It would be a nightmare to organise though wouldn't it. Presumably the Honda boys did it with ruthless Japanese efficiency. Were they all wearing matching overalls?

ice maiden

erk dont do the parking by colour thing......the other site did that at trax....it just looked like a holding place for new cars!!!

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Were in the central area this time, so might be a bit more noticeable. But im there to watch the racing and hopefully see SEAT win, not polish my car. :D

I remember when you were all over behind the tradestands. More people will be able to see you this time if you're in the central area. :D I'll be parking in the paddock carpark, so I'll look out for you all as I drive in. Look out for the Scottish-plated Ibiza FR passing by, I want to be on Spotted at long last. ;)

Ordering cars in colour does look a bit daft. Looks better all mixed up in terms of colours, models etc. :)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Anyway, m0rk - as a local, any idea how long it would take to get in from Kettering? (that's where we're staying on Saturday night).

Just driven that route....

45 mins from kettering to northampton it's taken..... add on about another 20 mins to get to silverstone.(A43)

Going the other route took an hour this morning too.. (M1/A14)

mind your speed - I didn't..... and they were out with lasers.

I wouldn't suggest the tesco idea - mainly because you have to right turn onto the A5 - and it's bad enough in the week leaving work, let alone on a big race day.

Aug 30, 2004
Stockport
Ive not been Silverstone before, so not sure what the logistics are like, for a final meeting point, i can imagine it will be fairly busy, but if anyone has any ideas !

Hi Phil

Are you meting up with Craig on Saturday, If so what time?
We could meet up on the way down; I’ve not managed to find out about qualifying yet I will try again tomorrow. I think you maybe right about the Hilton offer and the qualifying tickets are for those who stay Friday night as well.
Could always prop the bar up for a couple of hrs :drunk: the bash with JP starts at 7.30 :)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I'll send an email tomorrow with destructions

You will need to just drive to the main gate entrance, not into a carpark, then security will spot them & direct you in & over the bridge

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
I think most people that ordered a while ago have have theirs now.... ???

I missed the cut off for getting them posted out so had a look on ebay and managed to bag a pair with special delivery for £24.55 and they arrived this morning. :)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I called them because they had errors on my order - they're not printing todays tickets until Friday - so there's a considerable 'gap' there.

Status
Not open for further replies.