My car is at JBS for a GT3071R fitting.

EddyH

Aug 9, 2002
Pontefract
Visit site
My car is currently at JBS for further tweaking. I've also not had much driving time in the Octy before it was dropped off as my wife is close to taking her driving test so I'm letting her drive as much as possible so she can practice.

As I'm a 1/4 virgin I think you would have the technique advantage, I'm definetely up for it though.

Mine weighs around 1500kg so I doubt there's much weight difference between them.

caney

Apr 24, 2005
EddyH said:
Having seen Steve in action at GTI International I tend to agree.
lol eddy hopefully james does as well now after his snide comments at gti:D

caney

Apr 24, 2005
Madmile said:
Steve are you going td05 20g i really fancy this turbo?.

Sorry off topic.
i'd like to it's just the £1200 price tag+labour+mapping that's putting me off!!!

EddyH

Aug 9, 2002
Pontefract
Visit site
I thought it was about time for another little update.

Boost is now set at 1.5bar, the diesel geek short shift has been removed and replaced with a JBS short shift, the standard rear ARB has been replaced with an 19mm R32 item.

I'm now using the car everyday and as expected with what is essentially a new engine it has used a little oil, however fuel economy is much improved and I'm now seeing a calculated 22-23mpg which consists of various types of driving including frequent blasts. The latest map has also made further improvements to off boost driving and the car is happy to be driven at 2krpm which I believe is one of the major contributors to the improved economy. Also due to a tweak of the secondary air pump cycle cold start is very good and the car is ready to be driven off within 30-60s of turning the ignition. The new JBS short shifter does exactly what I wanted, easy to engage, precise feeling and shorter throw and reduced side to side movement. As for the ARB I've not done much driving on the twisties yet but it has definetely improved things on roundabouts.

Performance wise the car is quicker than ever and has a very usable powerband (boost now comes in below 4krpm) allowing overtaking manouvers of several cars without having to change gear. I've not had the opportunity recently to compare on road performance to anthying significantly quick but hopefully the opportunity will arise soon.

EddyH

Aug 9, 2002
Pontefract
Visit site
Today my car had it's first RR run after the conversion, there's more to come but I'm very happy already.

EddyOctavia4x41.jpg

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
surprised its heeling over just before 7K tho Edd...
big enough to flow more I would have thought.
Yours big port these days?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members