Moto GP Estoril

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Yep classic stuff at the minute.

I'm DEFINITELY a Rossi fan, couldn't help but smile. I wonder at what point Pedrosa thought "oh, ****".

Rossi's a god, Hayden goes out (cruely) and he has 20 points in the bag, but still he raced for the extra 5. Elias was a demon, Stoner rode a really good race - had a soft rear and nursed it until he could pounce. Didn't quite work out though :D

Edwards rode a good race, maybe comitted to his team mate, and therefore lacked "bite", but he duelled with Elias for a good while.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Dunno how he did that, not his kind of move - did it twice I think.

I think he learnt that off Foggy :D

V5Ade

I love my LCR!
Aug 26, 2004
Guildford
I'm a Rossi fan, but I was gutted for Hayden. Rossi recently said that Pedrosa is quick but is dangerous when overtaking..........

Steve_B

Stacy mmmm.......
May 6, 2005
West Yorkshire
I'm DEFINITELY a Rossi fan, couldn't help but smile. I wonder at what point Pedrosa thought "oh, ****".

Probably 100m from the corner when he realised that he'd overcooked it and couldn't stop. The survival instinct of running probably kicked in when he saw how p155ed off Hayden was. Bet it was an 'interesting' debriefing afterwards

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Mmmmm No team orders at Honda apparently, good plan guys :rolleyes:, then again it's always been about the bike not the riders ;) :cartman:

Only caught the highlights but yet another race to reinforce just how sterile F1 is in comparison

xJib

What a race. It was so exciting I was on the edge of my seat. And for Rossi to loose first on the last couple of laps and still battle for the win was absolute class. Non of this “I just get a safe second”.

Please Rossi never leave bikes for cars. You’ll just be bored.

Other highlights were a well deserved 3 for Kenny Jnr. Also a good race for the Ilmor SRT.

Don’t forget to stay home for the final in two weeks time. :funk:

luke

Sep 30, 2004
Hants
MotoGP is simply the most entertaining motorsport in the world at the moment. God knows why they want to change to 800cc and risk screwing it up.

Steve_B

Stacy mmmm.......
May 6, 2005
West Yorkshire
MotoGP is simply the most entertaining motorsport in the world at the moment. God knows why they want to change to 800cc and risk screwing it up.

From what I can gather it isn't going to change it too much. The bikes will be slower on the straights but they'll be better round the corners because they'll be smaller and lighter. Overall the laptimes shouldn't be too different and the overtaking should still be as good.

Another good thing about the MotoGP is the commentary team, some of the stuff they come out with is classic and much better than the :censored: that James Allen rattles on about in the F1 commentary.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Yeah, I have to agree with you there - I still watch it on Eurosport even though it's on the BBC*.

The three of them work brilliantly together, Randy is particularly good - his knowledge of the rider's techniques, and the pit level access is second to non. I'd love a pillion ride :D I Loved it last season when he would just open his Mic and dangle off the pit lane as they roared past :D

*did you see the Eurosport camera caught Suzi Perry leaning in to inteview one the riders on the start line. Hehehe, they couldn't pull the camera away fast enough...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.