cleaning green panel filters

flashbsd

Is there a quick way without having to pay for a silly cleaning kit?

Will a alloy wheel brush and some electrical contact cleaner spray?

I wouldnt have thought it matters when its dry, i just want to get it clean :)

Thanks

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
yes that probably would work stuff smells of fairy liquid , even keeps your hands soft but.......

you need the oil in the kit that you spray on that actually holds onto the dirt , ie ..most important bit

Tallpaul

Jul 2, 2005
The electrical contact cleaner spray will remove the oil from the filter so then it won't catch the dirt anymore.

Don't the cleaner kits just come with the oil. I thought hot water and a gentle brush was sufficient to actually clean the element.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I think you can just buy the oil on it's own - if you buy a kit, there's only enough cleaner to do two washes (even if you're tight with it), so I use non-bio washing powder. The filters are cotton after all...

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
i used to clean my old induction kit on my celica with warm non-bio then absolutely COAT it in WD-40

i havent yet washed my green panel filter so interesting to see others thoughts on this

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
RikH said:
i used to clean my old induction kit on my celica with warm non-bio then absolutely COAT it in WD-40

i havent yet washed my green panel filter so interesting to see others thoughts on this

The green oil is definitely nothing like WD40. It's much thicker and stickier.