Leon Is officially going LOWER!!!

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
Well i lowered my Leon Cupra 35mm on Eibach springs last week and thought it was crap,not low enough so i purchased these instead..

DSC00208.jpg

These will be fitted sunday,i will update with 'as fitted' pics!!

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
Not entirely sure i just want it to sit 'right' i want it nice and low,but level.

I dunno,ill no when i see it though.lol.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
I think this is what he means as "sit right" i had the same ideal about how a car should sit....
DSC00232.jpg

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
depends how much you want for them lee mate
and why do you really want rid, whats up with them, they had an adverse effect on your car?

Eternal Rage

Scooby & Cordy Powered
Mar 22, 2005
Manchester
Dont go low, go LOW!!!

Go as low as you can. My 1.6 was down 100mm+ and it looked and handles awesome. Bigger (and lower to the ground) Engine in the Cupra has meant i have had to raise it a little to about 85mm Down. Still looks Awesome though, and out handles most 2WD cars on the road.

800x600-IMG_1489.jpg

Eternal Rage

Scooby & Cordy Powered
Mar 22, 2005
Manchester
p.s... and if you want to give the impresion of being slammed but without the side effects of ground clearance and adverse day-to-day ride quality i advise some 15/20mm Hubcentric Spacers on the Rear to fill them out. I have 5mm Spacers on the front too... Wheels still sit on the Hub and it brings the wheels out to the arch nicely!!

danb

Feb 26, 2006
Cambs
Dont go low, go LOW!!!

Go as low as you can. My 1.6 was down 100mm+ and it looked and handles awesome. Bigger (and lower to the ground) Engine in the Cupra has meant i have had to raise it a little to about 85mm Down. Still looks Awesome though, and out handles most 2WD cars on the road.

800x600-IMG_1489.jpg

Don't take offence but a low, solid ride doesn't equate to a great handling car. I run coilovers on track and the set up if very hard - However it is almost undrivable on normal roads.

I once had a go in a friends saxo that "outhandled any FWD car" The first undulation in the road had my attention!! There's no doubt that a slamed car looks fantastic, but not improved handling in everyday situations. Suspension set ups require more thought than geting it as low as possible.

just my opinion,

Dan

Eternal Rage

Scooby & Cordy Powered
Mar 22, 2005
Manchester
Admittedly this was sometimes the case when my suspension was brand new and i had the 'treat every bump like a mountain' mentality. I got bored of that after a while, and went back to treating the car normally (ish) and the Coilovers have softened up loads.

I can happily drive over speedbumps in a flow of traffic at 20+ MPH and the every bump and undulation thing has been lessened a lot aswell. If anything it adds to the day to day driving because i have a good feel of the road, very responsive, but not too intrusive on the school run etc...

Each to their own, thats the key to modding. I am happy to sacrifice, to some extent, the day to day optimum ride for the knowledge i could take it in the track with no changes and it would be set up just how i like it!!

I guess it isnt for anyone to tell you what to do, just do what you want, not what everyone else thinks you should do!!

danb

Feb 26, 2006
Cambs
Admittedly this was sometimes the case when my suspension was brand new and i had the 'treat every bump like a mountain' mentality. I got bored of that after a while, and went back to treating the car normally (ish) and the Coilovers have softened up loads.

I can happily drive over speedbumps in a flow of traffic at 20+ MPH and the every bump and undulation thing has been lessened a lot aswell. If anything it adds to the day to day driving because i have a good feel of the road, very responsive, but not too intrusive on the school run etc...

Each to their own, thats the key to modding. I am happy to sacrifice, to some extent, the day to day optimum ride for the knowledge i could take it in the track with no changes and it would be set up just how i like it!!

I guess it isnt for anyone to tell you what to do, just do what you want, not what everyone else thinks you should do!!

a very honest reply, I am pleased you can see what I am getting at:)

If you take a look at the current run of "tarmac terrorists" i.e Evo's, Suburu's, RS6, etc, etc.... none of them are absolutely slammed. I recognise there is a compromise for road use but a bit of 'soak' in the suspension is what makes it all happen. I'm not an engineering expert or mechanic - i'm sure someone will be along to contradic me soon, just my 10p worth really.

BTW - your car looks great :redface:

Eternal Rage

Scooby & Cordy Powered
Mar 22, 2005
Manchester
If you take a look at the current run of "tarmac terrorists" i.e Evo's, Suburu's, RS6, etc, etc.... none of them are absolutely slammed. I recognise there is a compromise for road use but a bit of 'soak' in the suspension is what makes it all happen. I'm not an engineering expert or mechanic - i'm sure someone will be along to contradic me soon, just my 10p worth really.

Indeed... by all accounts the average motorist isnt looking to make ANY sacrifices to day-to-day driving confort. Most people buy a car for convenience so they dont have to take the bus. Their choice or car is simply a way of expressing themselves, and to an extent a status symbol (pub bragging rights). The number of said Evo's, Scooby's etc i see being driven by 'Miss Daisy' types pee's me off no end.

For those who love to drive hard often the standard setup just doesnt cut it, and sacrifies will be made. All down to Personal Preference really. Understandle that the manufacturers have to air on the side of caution with the 'Miss Daisy' types as they are the majority on the roads unfortunately...

BTW - your car looks great :redface:

Hehe, glad you approve... :rolleyes:

danb

Feb 26, 2006
Cambs
Indeed... by all accounts the average motorist isnt looking to make ANY sacrifices to day-to-day driving confort. Most people buy a car for convenience so they dont have to take the bus. Their choice or car is simply a way of expressing themselves, and to an extent a status symbol (pub bragging rights). The number of said Evo's, Scooby's etc i see being driven by 'Miss Daisy' types pee's me off no end.

Hmmm, not to sure about that - you can tell me you drive like you sat on a wasp ALL the time? (maybe you do!!:redface: ) Just cos you drive a fast car doesn't mean you HAVE to drive it fast? I think someone once said "with great power, comes great responsibility" - Spiderman film I think;)

Eternal Rage

Scooby & Cordy Powered
Mar 22, 2005
Manchester
Hmmm, not to sure about that - you can tell me you drive like you sat on a wasp ALL the time? (maybe you do!!:redface: ) Just cos you drive a fast car doesn't mean you HAVE to drive it fast? I think someone once said "with great power, comes great responsibility" - Spiderman film I think;)

Dont i know it... when i first got it, it was good step up from my 1.6. Drove almost exactly the same, just quicker. At first i did drive it how i drove my 1.6, and soon realised it was vastly unnecessary.

Maybe i have mellowed out in general or just realised it is fast enough not to have to abuse it 24/7 i have become a lot more sedate. If i fancy a quick blast down the Motorway or back lanes or fancy a bit of Chav-bashing she is ready and waiting for me, if just on the school run, she is nice and composed...

danb

Feb 26, 2006
Cambs
Dont i know it... when i first got it, it was good step up from my 1.6. Drove almost exactly the same, just quicker. At first i did drive it how i drove my 1.6, and soon realised it was vastly unnecessary.

Maybe i have mellowed out in general or just realised it is fast enough not to have to abuse it 24/7 i have become a lot more sedate. If i fancy a quick blast down the Motorway or back lanes or fancy a bit of Chav-bashing she is ready and waiting for me, if just on the school run, she is nice and composed...

sounds like you've got your car exactely how you want it. :drive1:

NickSmith

Well i lowered my Leon Cupra 35mm on Eibach springs last week and thought it was crap,not low enough

Hi Dodson - was it just that you wanted it lower than with the Eibachs? What was the ride like on those, comapred to the originals? And what price are you looking at for those ones? Hard to fit?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise