End of Moto GP season

Kendo

The Kit Car Man
May 15, 2005
erskine
Last Moto GP race of the season at Valencia this weekend (come on Rossi!) and championship right down to the wire. What else is there to watch at the weekend when thats finished? Arguably the best racing series there is. :worship:

jonv

Sep 2, 2005
Last Moto GP race of the season at Valencia this weekend (come on Rossi!) and championship right down to the wire. What else is there to watch at the weekend when thats finished? Arguably the best racing series there is. :worship:

NASCAR season still has a few races left. Catch Montoya make his Nascar Busch debut at 11pm on MotorsTV on Monday.
A1GP season should start soon.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands

Can't wait :drool:

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Looks like nerves got to him :shrug:

Would've been fun to watch him claw his way back to 11th, but the gap to Tamada was jsut too long I think. They never said (or I never heard) what tyres Rossi was running?

Hayden was rather happy though!?!

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Big dissapointment IMO but as a Rossi fan I would say that, it just doesn;t seem right Rossi not being world champion :think:

I just hope that next year Yamaha can give him a bike that's a bit more competative and he can avoid injury.

Just out of interest did people watch the BBC coverage or Eurosport, I mean I like the Eurosport guys myself with Randy patrolling the pitlane giving some great insight.......but the BBC have Suzi Perry :think:

Steve_B

Stacy mmmm.......
May 6, 2005
West Yorkshire
It was a good season overall, only watched the last half of it though. Pity Rossi fell off, it would have been good to see him and Hayden racing properly but he didn't look comfortable from the start of the race.

Got to be the BBC for me, Suzi Perry :drool:

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Shame rossi couldnt make up the ground, would have been a movie epic ending

Suzi perry :D Nice local lass. Loved it when she give baggies and blues a dig when they got relegated to the championship.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
I just don't get the BBC I think they had MotoGP on BBC2 and BBC1 had the 389th repeat of 'Keeping up appearances' WTF!.......obviously down to the 'Unique way the BBC is funded' :doh: :rolleyes:

Suzi is lovely but the Eurosport boys and Randy know their sh1t

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
yeah i was hoping that rossi would get back through the pack and still win the championship which would have been awesome

WHYME

Apr 22, 2002
MK
Visit site
I only started watching this a few weeks ago - it's soo much better than F1... the race before the final was amazing you got more action in the last 5 corners than a whole race of F1 - I'm converted! I can't believe Rossi lost the race at Portugal? by 0.002 it was so intense, and then to fall off 5 laps into the last race is horrible... Hopefully I'll catch the whole next season on Eurosport..

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
I only started watching this a few weeks ago - it's soo much better than F1... the race before the final was amazing you got more action in the last 5 corners than a whole race of F1 - I'm converted! I can't believe Rossi lost the race at Portugal? by 0.002 it was so intense, and then to fall off 5 laps into the last race is horrible... Hopefully I'll catch the whole next season on Eurosport..

It's why I started watching more MotoGp and less F1 for the action, just watching them back the bike into corners under braking is awesome. Some of the dog fights are just brilliant too......I expect the doctor will be back next season really hungry for his 8th world title.

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
I enjoyed the last race although it was a shame that Rossi came off. I've not watched much MotoGP before but it's so much better than F1 as Steve said.

I'll be following closely next year!!

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
...and Randy know their sh1t

I'm starting to get a bit fed up with him going on about the American riders, but yes they do, Randy particularly gives a unique insight and pit lane access.

FYI Season round-up on Eurosport, Sunday 8:00pm (I think)

xJib

It wasn't the most exciting race of the season, but it was good to see a Ducati 1 2. It would have nice to see a race right to the end but with a track like Valencia it was going to a big ask to get back.

But the good news is you only need to wait till March 10th for the first race of the 2007 season in Qatar. :funk:

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
It wasn't the most exciting race of the season, but it was good to see a Ducati 1 2. It would have nice to see a race right to the end but with a track like Valencia it was going to a big ask to get back.

But the good news is you only need to wait till March 10th for the first race of the 2007 season in Qatar. :funk:

Rossi is in action in the middle of November I understand he is doing the Rally of New Zealand in a Scoob WRC replica........still as he is meant to earn circa $30m a year I'm sure he can afford to go rallying

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members